X

Morgan Carbtune Pro vs Motion Pro SyncPRO Carb Synchronizers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
    i wasn't dumping on your parade, i was just throwing my 2 cents in for users that might be concerned theirs isn't exact.

just poking little more, but if the morgan was in tune.....which one would you have kept?

so the adjustment method for the morgan is just turning the adjustment nuts?
    I don't mind at all with a disagreement, None of us know it all and it is usually when we think we do that we get into trouble. Acceptable can mean different things to different people and what you may find as acceptable may not be what I would accept. Hey it would be a boring world if we all agreed.

I like the idea behind the Morgan and it is a very simple device that when working works very well. I do disagree that it is as maintenance free as some would suggest. If there is a tight tolerance and you place some dust or debris in that clearance you have just affected the reading of the tool. Most would probably be content with not checking it before use, But just a quick check with a 5 way manifold hooked to one cylinder would verify that you have the tool operating all at the same readings.

To answer your question I see advantages in both tools, But for simplicity I would say the Morgan is better in that respect. Since I did purchase both and I have not told Sean what I want to do yet I am still considering keeping both.

Yes the simple fix for a small difference in readings is to adjust the nut on the rod, But only after making sure that the brass bushing and rod are clean and free from gunk or debris. As I am sure you know the back of the tool is not airtight and while the engine is running there is air being brought in from the back of the tool and through the brass bushing and the rod. What comes with air flow? Dust does and it can get in the closest of tolerances.

Back when I was building fuel injectors we had a specially ventilated room as the tolerances where so close between the injector tip that any dust would make them stick, But then again that is millionths of a inch there.

Sorry about the rambling on!

Tmod

Comment

I have to say Sean was good to me in the past about replacing parts when it's been an issue -- never charged anything (even postage) and got it out immediately, on my doorstep four days later (from the UK). I don't want to ever have to try to get repairs from MotionPro on something (tried it once on a tool, gave up after weeks).

That said, yes, it would seem your unit was defective.

PS - can you update your picture links? My machine is telling me the server with the pics is unavailable.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        I have to say Sean was good to me in the past about replacing parts when it's been an issue -- never charged anything (even postage) and got it out immediately, on my doorstep four days later (from the UK). I don't want to ever have to try to get repairs from MotionPro on something (tried it once on a tool, gave up after weeks).

That said, yes, it would seem your unit was defective.

PS - can you update your picture links? My machine is telling me the server with the pics is unavailable.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Oh yeah I forgot that I closed that site, Will have to update plenty of images now that you reminded me.

Tmod

Comment

I picked up the motion pro sync tool about a month ago and lemme tell ya its awesome ...I put it together though I was missing 1 restrictor Chris at motion pro sent me a whole parts kit including that restrictor free of charge and express mail as well....

as for height of liquid in the tube it is adjustable so if your worried about suckin it up anyway you can set the volume low and even ...

I couldnt be happier with this tool the fluid is very stable and easy to read ...I like the fact it has to be calibrated each use that means I get a more precise reading each time
          1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
          2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
          sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
          Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
          A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Hmmm unlike CP to unearth 6 month old threads..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              Hmmm unlike CP to unearth 6 month old threads..

He was looking for the pictures.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yeah.. I read the related post.

Comment

he didn't, T posted a link to this thread in a related thread

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    he didn't, T posted a link to this thread in a related thread
                    OK ok got it! Move along...

Comment

Working...
                    X