X

V&H SS2R Katana 750 pre98

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V&H SS2R Katana 750 pre98

I am looking to replace the stock exhaust on my Katana 750 1991 with a V&H SS2R full system 4 in 1. I would like to keep my centerstand, by reading in the older posts, I found mixed informations about it.
    Has anybody done it and can confirm that I can keep or need to remove my centerstand ?

Thanks,

I have the system on mine and the centerstand fits fine. Although the exhaust was on the bike when I got it, so it's possible there was some sort of mounting modification, but considering there wasn't a centerstand on there when I got it I'm guessing no.
    What the deuce!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
      I have the system on mine and the centerstand fits fine. Although the exhaust was on the bike when I got it, so it's possible there was some sort of mounting modification, but considering there wasn't a centerstand on there when I got it I'm guessing no.
      Do you have picture that shows how it looks and fit ?

Comment

Originally posted by gfm
        Originally posted by bamarama
        Do you have picture that shows how it looks and fit ?
        Once I get my bike back from the shop (should be next week), I can snap a few pictures and post them up. You'll prob have to PM me in a week or so to remind me.
        What the deuce!?!

Comment

No problem, I'll pm you, thanks a lot.
          Side question, how loud are the SS2R pipes ?
          I want something that sounds godd but not too loud.

Comment

I don't think it's loud at all.
            What the deuce!?!

Comment

If you buy a new one it will be quiet. Just for some info I bought mine from dennis kirk for $453 delivered. If you go to www.parts411.com get the part #, call and get a shipping quote, dennis kirk will match the price (dennis kirk stocks the exhaust, parts 411 doesn't). That was the cheapest I could find..

Comment

i have a vance and hines 4-1 on mine. i was wondering why they took the centerstand off if you look at my pic you kinda get an idea how it is routed and looks although your pipe will probably be a much newer vance &hines. my pipe needs more fiberglass inside about half off it blew out and is pretty loud especially while crusing on the highway in 6th gear rpms approx 5,000. i'm sure once i get more sound deading fiberglass it wont be as loud but you will still get a nice tone outta it. as for the removing the centerstand i always did wonder why mine was not on the bike. now that you mentioned this i believe that the pipe does go where the stand was located. also there is a drain plug of some type on the bottom of the bike oil drain plug possibly that the pipe goes right below making it almost impossible to get the drain plug out while the pipe is on. the best way is to leave where the pipe meets the manifold loose so whenever you need to acess this plug you just unbolt the silencer from the rear foot peg bracket and yank it off.

Comment

I have the pipe and centerstand on my bike, and there isn't any clearance issues.
                  What the deuce!?!

Comment

The only thing macgyver is yours is the basic model, something like supersport round canister, which is supposed to be somewhat universal. I have the same one on mine. The ssr2 is supposed to route in a way that the oil drain plug and other factory stuff is not affected or at least that is the way the description at v&h website reads. And has a much neater and nicer fit and finish.

Comment

Working...
                    X