X

pre windshield replacement and mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre windshield replacement and mirrors

Hey guys, I'm a newb rebuilding a 90 kat I picked up for $50. Budget is tight which is why the rebuild is taking so long because you guys taught me not to cheap out on the important stuff. Learned a ton from here so far and glad it's back. I'm in Canada and parts can be hard to come by. An example is the PO misplaced the fuse block and I couldn't source one locally. Cheapest used one on Ebay was 10 but they wanted 50 to ship it!! Luckily I was able to ship it to a friends friend in the states and she brought it back. I cant do that with everything so need to make sure the parts are right when I buy them. Getting close to firing it up for the first time so I'm now looking for a screen replacement. I've seen how some of the replacements are to tall. One I'm looking at on Ebay says stock replacement but I never believe everything on there. They say it is 39" tall but I cant find the stock measurements online. Can someone confirm the stock size? Also need mirrors and I've read here about all the crappy ones out there but haven't seen much on good replacements. Maybe my search skills suck. I'd like some decent ones with the built in blinkers for added visibility. Any suggestions for those or stock replacements. thanks

Suzuki original equipment mirrors are always convex, so that's why they're pricey.
    Rare to find convex replacement mirrors, they look just like the OEM but the mirrors are flat.
    I had Emgo replacement mirrors and they were flat. Now I have GSXR mirrors because I don't like the Katana mirrors anyway, plus the gsxr mirrors are convex.
    I have a Double Bubble windshield I bought on ebay, and they also sell it on Amazon. Track tested at 130 mph.
    Last edited by buffalobill; 11-12-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Bill. Couple questions. What year gsxr mirrors did you use and are they bolt on or did they take some minor modifications. And the double bubble windshield, I've read of glare issues with them. I'm guessing rider size has something to do with it. I'm 5'10" and not an experienced rider. I'm just trying to get the bike rideable and safe while I gain experience. My jeep gets like 12mpg and is built for the rocks and some minor things like tire poke and the stubby front bumper will get it a VI if some cops having a bad day so hoping to use the bike for my short commute and a few longer rides. Most screens I've seen are a single color. Is the black paint or a sticker?

Comment

The mirrors are from any gsxr 2000-05. You can find them used for about $25 each. Only the lower bolt can be used because both don't line up, but it's plenty tight.

I don't worry about glare, I worry my head will shake off, and I need to see through it because I'll be laying down on the tank at 130 MPH. This is my track day bike.
        I had to paint the lower part myself, on the inside to be just like the OEM screen.
        They make an assortment of colors available on ebay.

Comment

With some reshaping of the mount, both bolts will line up just fine...
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
            The mirrors are from any gsxr 2000-05. You can find them used for about $25 each. Only the lower bolt can be used because both don't line up, but it's plenty tight.

I don't worry about glare, I worry my head will shake off, and I need to see through it because I'll be laying down on the tank at 130 MPH. This is my track day bike.
            I had to paint the lower part myself, on the inside to be just like the OEM screen.
            They make an assortment of colors available on ebay.
            Cool thanks Bill. I'll never see 200kmhr!! And thanks junker, always appreciate your input.

Comment

Ordered a clear screen and mirrors today. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X