Bike won't start after carb cleaning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zenxr View Post
    Thanks for the reply scotty

The spark seemed good enough? Looked white in color. If water was inside of the spark plug well, would that cause all this?

I dont think its the timing because the bike was running just a week ago and I haven't went into the top end..
    Have you replaced the plugs since trying to diagnose the issue? Messed with the carbs?

Has anything changed since running vs non running besides the carb clean?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

A cheap compression tester from harbor will have the adapter or most auto parts stores have free tool rental.

A had a similar issue recently. Check the voltage at you coils. My battery was just over 12v but for some reason I was only getting a little over 10v at the coil. Jump starting still wasn't enough to crank it. I put a new battery in and I haven't had a problem since. GL

Comment

Yeah, I also changed the spark plugs.. However, they were the ones I checked for spark. I'm worried I may've gotten a bit of water inside the spark plug holes. So I'm gonna clean that out and I'll let you know if it fixes it.

Comment

I got it running It was the sparkplug wells.. I shot carb cleaner into it, let the starter run to blow air out, and put the plugs back in.. BOOM such a silly thing. Now tomorrow I shall fine tune the carbs and change the oil.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

i have a problem with my 98 suzuki katana carbs i cleaned them but im not sure about the screw pilot would you tell me how can i set them up

Comment

you only need to post something once.

Comment

Well you're probably going to hear "Follow carbs 102 from the wiki" about 10x. The only thing you need to worry about tightening to a certain amount of turns is the air-fuel screws. Otherwise, just clean all the jets + emulsion tubes in carb cleaner or other solution, and tighten them all down snug, but don't break them.

Comment

Working...
                    X