What Year R6 Shock Do I Need For A Pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
    Hey Tmod great thread!
    OK, this mod lowers the rear by 19mm. I read all the posts and found nothing about restoring the 19mm.
    It would be nice to restore the ride height because for track riding we need ground clearance.
    Any comments specific?
    Thanks!
    Custom links could do that.

If you have the legs for it, I would go higher than stock for running track. The extra 1.75" height on mine has made a huge difference for aggressive riding.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey,
      When I put clip-ons the front it dropped 10mm, so going high in the back would be ok for track? I guess you're suggesting what, a Bandit 1200 shock?
      PS: I'm working on a pre 750.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        Thanks Krey,
        When I put clip-ons the front it dropped 10mm, so going high in the back would be ok for track? I guess you're suggesting what, a Bandit 1200 shock?
        PS: I'm working on a pre 750.
        I'm using a modified b12 shock with a final height increase of 1.75". Higher rear means more clearances and quicker response for turns. Lower rear will make the response sluggish.
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey!
          Now I just need to figure out if I'm turning in early, or the bike is kinda sluggish.
          Prolly both.

Comment

Hi, does anybody know what the lenght of the dogbones should be if I would like to get std. height back after installing R6 shock on my pre 600?

Best regards Klaus

Comment

^^^^^^^ I would like to know this as well. Thanks ^^^^

Comment

You would want them shorter than stock by around 1/4".

I'd suggest adjustable links if your going that route, easier to set the height you want that way in the end.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Looking for the bushings I need to replace to add r6 shock

Howdy all. I have a pre 750 with a bad rear shock. I sourced the recommended R6 shock on ebay but need the bushings to install it. I tried pm'ing Tmod but have had no luck getting in touch with him.

Does anyone have an alternative source of the bushings? If so I'd greatly appreciate a link.

Thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by ndcouey70; 07-13-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 4pcs Silver Tone Self Lubricating Metal Plain Bearing Sleeve 6mm x 12mm x 10mm at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
                    1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
                    V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
                    Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

• Thanks Rick

Thanks Rick, I copied and pasted the description onto American Ebay and found the exact same item out of China. Will keep you guys posted on progress.

Neil

Comment

• When I got my shock it came with the yamaha linkage. I swapped the bearing insert from the yamaha linkage into the katana bearing and used the yamaha bolt.

Comment

• I would keep the 750 shock and have it rebuilt. Here is TMODs web site. It is the most reliable way to reach him. http://norwestsuspension.com/
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Ton of good info here.

Does this apply equally to a pre 1100/ 1990?

Comment

• Don't know about the R6 swap, but see there post above - Terry TMod) can rebuild the 1100 shock - rebuild, revalve and respring, like a while new bike. He might be able to shim it a bit too drop the height of that's what you are after.
                              1998 Katana 750
                              1992 Katana 1100
                              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                              X