Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How high can you raise bars without any cable/control mods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high can you raise bars without any cable/control mods?

Looking at the various threads about raising the bars a bit for more comfort on longer rides. Have read and searched sorry if I missed the answer.

On a post 600 how much can you raise the bars without doing any other mods, longer cables, moving controls etc?

I see kits for anywhere from 2-4" of movement, is there that much slack in the stock components?

Thanks, Matt.

No there isn't, I used a 750 triple tree and was able to use the factory cables and brake lines but did have to modify how the brake lines mounts.

Comment

Yeah, there is. It's not specifically for the bike but, there is. they require new bars as well. 2" May be as far as you can go without new cables and hoses and that would be a stretch.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Unless the brake line on his post is longer than mine he will need a new one to get 2". But I do think the cables would make it 2.

Comment

1 single line wouldn't cost too much..
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

This ^^^ if you want 2" a single brake line would be cheap, I am planning on raising mine more because the 1" I gained with the 750 bars isn't really enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyh982 View Post
              This ^^^ if you want 2" a single brake line would be cheap, I am planning on raising mine more because the 1" I gained with the 750 bars isn't really enough for me.
              Ditto, same here. Did the same thing, wouldn't mind higher. All cables were fine, changed to SS brake lines since those would have been close.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Good to know, thanks for the good replies.

Comment

FYI - You can goto HEL Performance

These are stock length. If you call them, they may be able to make you a custom length line. Measure your stock length then add what you want to it.

Braided (and shielded) lines will make the bike brake a lot better. I got a full set including clutch for my 1100.

Comment

Working...
                  X