• road course or drag strip?

which do you prefer to run?
    Road Course
    79.17%
    Drag Strip
    20.83%

The poll is expired.

www.SOARacing.ca

Never had the opportunity to run a road course, but I'm almost positive that I would prefer it to the dragstrip. I've never had a chance to run a longer straight, like the Maxton Mile, either. It seems like it would be fun, assuming you're on a fast bike.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

With the Katana I think 1/4 mile would be more fun. Someday when I have a fast bike, I want to go to Bonneville and try to get into the 200mph club.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
        With the Katana I think 1/4 mile would be more fun. Someday when I have a fast bike, I want to go to Bonneville and try to get into the 200mph club.
        I have never made a pass at the strip, so I can't say for sure, but for me, I think the road course would be more fun. There is usually at least 1 long straight away to blast down and then a bunch of twisties to get through before hitting the straight (strip) again.
        Last edited by chinto; 09-29-2008, 10:46 PM.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Road course with lots of curves is more fun than a straight line anyday.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I love both but would pick road course if I have to pick one for both cars and bikes
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

road course all the way.
              Kyle

Comment

I think road course would be more interesting.

However, I think this guy says drag:

-
                -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I always wondered what Nero looked like
                  Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Road course for sure. I wouldn't mind taking a few passes down the strip though.

Comment

ive been on the strip and its pretty hype, and ive had the car on a road course. but for the bike, i think i would like the road course a lot more. unfortunately i havent ever been on one with the bike. i think with a slightly upgrades suspension and stickier tires, the katana would be so much fun on a track (although it probly wouldnt be happy afterwards. would probly kill the brakes, and you would probly be best off doing a cool down lap since its oil cooled...)
                      1989 katana 750

Comment

I dont know about running the katana down a drag strip but the road courses are definitely fun.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                          I always wondered what Nero looked like

2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Done a few trips down the ol` 1320, but prefer a road course - especially on a bike.
                            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Never been to either, but after my sportbike course and all the hard cornering we had to work on, I think I'd much rather ride a road course than a strip.
                              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                              -Terence

Comment

Working...
                              X