No announcement yet.
X

Digital Speedometer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for the input. If I can find one that works I will post it and let you guys know.

Comment

There are a lot of digital speedos, just won't fit the pod. Sheet load of all in one meters... Not my cup-o-tea, like the stock look..
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Do you know what size is would need to fit in the pod?

Comment

Same size as the anolog gauge, and about an inch deep. More than that and you'd have to cut into the circut board for the rest of the gauges, can't see that ending well unless you're REALLY good with electronics.
          Then again, if you remove the cover over the anolog gauge, it could stick out further...
          If you find something that's slightly too large, a file/dremel/saw and careful use of force would get it in. Too small and you're going to have to either fab up a bracket, or get good at fiberglassing and/or plastic forming.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

In the long run, it might be cheaper to get a newer bike that has a digital speedo stock - I mean if ya just gotta have it.

I like analog personally...but if the bike has a digital display, I want it to do more than just tell me my speed. I want ambient/coolant temps, a clock, what gear I am in, miles to empty etc etc. That doesn't come cheap as a retrofit and there is no instruction manual. Yes, there are cheap speedos out there, but I would be more apt to find a mini one like this:

(http://motogadget.com/en/digital-ins...cope-mini.html $261 USD) or this one: On Ebay $135 USD

What the other fellers are telling you is true...and it's opening up a can of worms/snowball effect. I would venture to say that even a pro may step back after he was done doing a tip top job fabbing everything up and question the hot mess in front of him.

Comment

That is a pos Chinese meter, try Dakota digital....$399 to start with up to $999
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yup...know Dakota well. Good stuff...which means, not cheap. You could easily get a gauge cluster that costs more than your bike (or close to it).

Rather than rip the whole cluster apart, a POS mini one might be a better fit...but it is still a kludge.

Comment

Can you make a pre kat read electronic like the post is

Comment

Originally posted by bushido8420 View Post
                    Can you make a pre kat read electronic like the post is
                    Lots of options out there for digital conversions...

just one quick example... Jpcycles universal version

Not saying that specifc one works for your application, do the google search and find what works for you, it's just an example.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok that would solve the speedo lol I got a all in one gauge and I can't seem to get the tach to work. I have everything else working but the tach and speedo which I have to get the converter you mention

Comment

Working...
                      X