X

Need help with a new LED tail light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a new LED tail light

I have a new tail light for a post 600 and can't for the life of me figure out the wiring for the thing. It is one of those LED conversion lights and has the OEM connector clip with an additional two wires coming out of the light section and of course two wires for the license plate light (the last two I can figure out). But here is the thing, when I clip in the connector it does nothing. If I try to follow the wiring and add the two loose wires to the connector I get the thing to light up but depressing the brake only turns it off instead of lighting up the brake light. does anyone have any suggestions or help?
    "The usefulness in a cup is in its emptiness" Bruce Lee

Sounds like something backwards. I am a wiring/ electrical idiot so I can't really help out on this. I'm sure someone will know.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Is it one of the ones off of ebay? Was thinking about getting one too. Hope you get the problem resolved.
      Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

Re-check all of your wires, they might have it setup to where it only works when everything is hooked up. And the two extra wires should be to the turn signal lights
        2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
        2004 GSXR 600

Comment

I did check the wiring and they got it backwards at the factory in China. Go figure. Quality control in China?

I did get it on Ebay and it works fine. I chose not to do the signals but the running/stop light works great. The clear lens housing was not to the quality standards of Japanese parts but it is workable. It is the same quality as the Clear Altenatives signal lenses I got. I did not have to do any alterations to the unit and it is as bright as the OEM. They shipping really fast. So it was an ok deal for $30.
          "The usefulness in a cup is in its emptiness" Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
          X