X

$8 +3.5 hrs fender eliminator fix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $8 +3.5 hrs fender eliminator fix

So with $8 at home depot I bought screws, nuts, washers and 6 L brakets all the same size.
    Attached Files

Hey Nuzzi,

Looks nice and clean

do you know what size brackets you bought?

And can you send the full size pics to kdoubledayatcogeco.ca, replace "at" with @ . gotta avoid those spambots lol.
    Kyle

Comment

I sent you the email for the pics... the L brakets are an inch long and 1/2 inch wide. I used 2 per reflector and 2 for the plate. Let me know how it goes...

Nuzzi

Comment

It looks like part of the descriptions were cut off, but you can see the braket I used from the old license plate holder. I bent the braket at 90 degrees on both sides to mount the signal lights.

You'll need to drill larger holes for this and make sure you measure the bends your going to make so that it brings the signal lights nice and tight around the license plate but still leavesa bit of space. I used the desk vice at home depot for the 90 degree angles.

Comment

Very clean!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
            Very clean!
            +1

i haven't gathered the time (or courage) to perform this mod yet.
            the way you kept the stock signals and tightened everything up looks real sharp. i will refer to this thread when the time comes. thanks for posting and good job!
            One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

no problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuzzi
                I sent you the email for the pics... the L brakets are an inch long and 1/2 inch wide. I used 2 per reflector and 2 for the plate. Let me know how it goes...

Nuzzi
                Hey Nuzzi,
                I'm having trouble with some of the posts on KR and I can't view the pix. Would you be so kind as to email the pix to me as well. Thanks in advance.
                addy is sslawrenceatsympatico.ca (replace at with @ as before)

By the sounds of the responses you've received, I'm guessing your mod looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Spud
                I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

hey spud you'll have to give me that email one more time, it bounced back to me

Comment

And they wonder why they say Katana owners are from the poor house, lol... I kinda did the same thing just kept the stock plastic...
                    "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

poor house? nah i like to call it "living comfortably"

Comment

Great pictures!
                        "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

Working...
                        X