No announcement yet.
X

Update on my 82 Kat 1157R project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You using a dedicated bike shipper , or other ? Reason I ask is I work for a shipping company . With no studs to support the top of that crate , I could EASILY see someone trying to stack 1000lbs of crap on top of there when they get in a hurry and "bad things" happening . Plus the side access is nonexistent for a forklift , so unless they got long forks , that skid could get split fairly easily . Oh damn , I now see the world through my job .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      You using a dedicated bike shipper , or other ? Reason I ask is I work for a shipping company . With no studs to support the top of that crate , I could EASILY see someone trying to stack 1000lbs of crap on top of there when they get in a hurry and "bad things" happening . Plus the side access is nonexistent for a forklift , so unless they got long forks , that skid could get split fairly easily . Oh damn , I now see the world through my job .
      Actually, it went into the moving truck I was loading and driving. There are studs on the outside and the top interlocks into the sides and when it's all screwed together it's definitely strong enough for how it was going to be used. You're right though...if I was going to give it to one of the shipping companies we used to use, I would have constructed one a lot differently.

Comment

Ah , good . I've just seen SO many similar crates get smashed at work , I'd HATE to see that one get smashed by some clueless idjit .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Waltari, that bike looks great, I would love to have some thing like that. You did a lot of work on it and it shows.

Joe
          sigpic

Comment

That Is Sweeeeeet, Bro
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Fantastica..........

Comment

Oh wow! That looks great!
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

mean,F'n mean
                  95 suZuki katana
                  Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

Cool!

what is the total investment to get the bike like that?
                    Last edited by BikerSoul; 12-13-2007, 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by BikerSoul View Post
                      Cool!

what is the total investment to get the bike like that?
                      Off hand, wth the cost of the motor, rolling chassis, misc purchases, and labor for the powder coating I put purchase total around $2500-3000. Don't want to know what it would have cost if I farmed out all the maching, welding, and problem solving.

Comment

bah...it's just another nice kat hacked to crap to become a streetfighter. you need to trade that thing for my 100% stocker
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

What did you do with the left over stock parts like say the speedo and tach?

Comment

Beautiful bike! Great vision!
                            http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa88/GIABLO-MOTO/ '82 GSX1000SZ Modified, '82 GSX1100EZ, '83 GSX1100SD soon to be a Superbike, '97 Moto Guzzi 1100i Sport, '02 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura

Comment

awsome bike

Comment

Awesome job... I've been planning a project just like yours for the last couple of years... I have the motor and the bike to do it with... any chance you'd be willing to share the pattern for the motor mounts and any other info that would be helpful. Thanks much!

Comment

Working...
                                X