X

engine....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine....

How much would it cost in general to rebuild the 600 kat motor. Just curious, is there a rebuild kit for it ?
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

More than its worth.

The gaskets alone exceed the FMV of the engine.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      More than its worth.

The gaskets alone exceed the FMV of the engine.
      +1

Comment

The gasket kits not that bad in price, it's the labor that'll kill you.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The gasket kit for the top end is over twice what I paid for my 771 engine.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Lowest price I've seen on full engine gasket kits was right at $300. That doesn't include rebuild parts like rings, pistons, bearings, or other things you generally may need. Also doesn't include machine work that's generally nessasary from a rebuild. We are talking about a full rebuild with replacement pistons, valves, and such right? Not just a engine repair?

If your paying a shop to do it... your probably gonna spend $1100-1200 if you get a really good deal at a non dealer location who is willing/able to work on it. If you get a dealer shop to do it, well... their quote (if they will even do it) is gonna be major shock. (probably 1/2 the price of a new bike...)

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+1 to all that.... I chalk it up under "wrench therapy". LOL
              That is until i can figure a way to bill my health insurance for my 'therapy' sessions.
              "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

Was going to rebuild my old 600 engine but still on the fence. Although I have not really pit forth the effert in to finding out what it would cost bit would love to see a fresh 600 in a Cart of some sort.

Comment

save your money and buy a working 750 unless you come across a really good deal.
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                  X