X

Wes Cooley Kat Mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes Cooley Kat Mods

I've spent several hours searching for his mods from top to bottom / end to end.

Does anyone know of a site that happens to have this info?

A spectacular rider and bike..
    1983 Suzuki Katana 1100 Race

Originally posted by D Nuts View Post
    I've spent several hours searching for his mods from top to bottom / end to end.

Does anyone know of a site that happens to have this info?

A spectacular rider and bike..

Hey, Dnuts, Give me an email. I happen to know the guy who bought and raced Cooley's superbike katana.
    Is this Todd?

[email protected]
    Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

Comment

Hey Robert, its me. I read that in the newsletter & wondered if anyone know the skinny. Always enjoyable talking about Kats & mods. Especially, the Wes machine..

Originally posted by katman1260 View Post
      Hey, Dnuts, Give me an email. I happen to know the guy who bought and raced Cooley's superbike katana.
      Is this Todd?

[email protected]
      1983 Suzuki Katana 1100 Race

Comment

Originally posted by D Nuts View Post
        Hey Robert, its me. I read that in the newsletter & wondered if anyone know the skinny. Always enjoyable talking about Kats & mods. Especially, the Wes machine..
        Gilles and Steve sent me a tone of pics of The kat. Its now sitting in a museum. I will be posting them up on my site soon as I am putting togethr a "race katana" page just for actual race kats. It's interesting to see the Yoshimura prep work, though it looks like some of it was done track side. In the first picture the actual race frontend was taken off.
        Pure function.

Last edited by katman1260; 11-01-2011, 08:07 PM.
        Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

Comment

Good stuff. El G.
          GSX1000SZ-My Beloved Rat http://photobucket.com/GIABLO-MOTO 714-461-9607 [email protected]

Comment

I've tracked down some of the history of this bike and found that it is now owned by a motorcycle collector in Cleveland, OH. The bike was previously owned by Bar Hodgson, the principal behind the Motorcycle Supershow Event in January in Toronto. He had it restored to the condition it was when Wes Cooley rode it. I took a zillion photos of the bike because when Bar owned it because I built a scale model of the bike, as well as a version when Steve Smart raced it. You can see the models at http://www.eajonesgue.com/scalemodel...Superbike.html and http://www.eajonesgue.com/scalemodel...ikePurple.html , respectively. If anyone wants any photo details, let me know and I can post them.

Evan Jones

Comment

Originally posted by katman1260 View Post
              Gilles and Steve sent me a tone of pics of The kat. Its now sitting in a museum. I will be posting them up on my site soon as I am putting togethr a "race katana" page just for actual race kats. It's interesting to see the Yoshimura prep work, though it looks like some of it was done track side. In the first picture the actual race frontend was taken off.
              Pure function.

That is my favorite Superbike era .... huge "Fast" Freddie Spencer fan
              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
              X