X

Solo seat cowl rf900?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo seat cowl rf900?

Does anyone know if someone makes a solo seat cowl for 95rf900? If anyone knows could u please let me know who?...
    Thanks
    95 RF900R

never seen one for sale, but you could make a little spare-time project of creating one. It's not hard, just kinda time consuming.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Ok how would I go about that? Never really done that kinda work
      95 RF900R

Comment

Check this out and have a go. The worst you can do is throw it at the end!!! http://www.jeffreyphipps.com/seat_pans.htm
        Just modify what you see and adapt it to a cowl. Can mold it off the seat or do as some of the guys are asking, to create a storage spot. Or go see a fibreglassing mob and tell them what you want.
        Last edited by Suzy750f; 09-02-2009, 04:55 AM. Reason: More details

Comment

Use the search button up top and search for solo cowl. There's a thread or two here where ppl built their own, with pictures.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
            mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

basically follow these directions, but leave out the humped part of the mold. wrap several layers of saran wrap around your seat, then duct tape where you want the cowl to be. you can actually use a permanent marker on top of the duct tape to mark the exact shape you want for the cowl. once you have appplied the fiberglass matte and resin, the marker will soak into the fiberglass and give you a perfect guide line for cutting it before you do all the necessary bodywork.

or you can send me your seat and I'll make you one for a nominal fee.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
            X