X

Trailers???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailers???

Now that I have a truck, and have successfully loaded the cycle and hauled it in the bed, i'm thinking of getting a trailer. I just get a little nervous with the actual loading and unloading in the box. Anyone know where to get a decent trailer for the kat? other then e-bay? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg either. . . .

This would be my suggestion for the cheapest.
    Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Or you can go to www.bjtrailers.com I have one of the metal frame ones and it works great. I live very close to them but hey it might give you an idea of what is out there.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

ask locally.. i got mine for a steal... also try lowes they are selling trailers now...
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
          This would be my suggestion for the cheapest.
          http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90154
          Malloc bought one of these from someone on eBay only to find out that Harbor Freight actually was the original vendor (HF delivered it and the seller took the mark-up). It arrived late last week and we spent about three hours assemblying it in the Florida heat last Friday. Reasonable construction on the trailer itself, but the wheels left many things to be desired (a 55mph top speed namely on the 12" wheels, even though they were advertised as 75mph rated). He still has to figure out what he's going to use to cover the top -- the debate rages between plywood (paint or otherwise treat against water damages), thick steel mesh or steel diamond-plate. This particular trailer lets you tilt the whole trailer down at the back, which makes loading and unloading quite easy...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

zukiman just bought a new trailer a couple weeks ago or so.

Comment

Those 12" tires are the only downfall I see. I want a trailer too, but need something that can go over 55mph.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Anyone ever see or use a "Motocycle Caddy"? Seems a bit odd to me, but I imagine it would work well for short distances (I just don't see there being any upside to spinning the rear wheel the whole time)

Otherwise I'd highly recommend watching the local classifieds for a used trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT
                  Anyone ever see or use a "Motocycle Caddy"? Seems a bit odd to me, but I imagine it would work well for short distances (I just don't see there being any upside to spinning the rear wheel the whole time)

Otherwise I'd highly recommend watching the local classifieds for a used trailer...
                  I was reading a tech section in one of the biker mags a couple months back that said the MC Caddy was a really bad idea for certain bikes because of something in the tranny -- I can't recall what, but I do recall most Suzuki streetbikes were on the "don't use" list. I'd dig out the issue and reread it (& post the details), but I mailed my big pile of magazines over to Meanstrk in Iraq just about 10 days ago...

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It's a bad idea because even in neutral you're spinning parts that shouldn't be spun when the motor isn't running at very high speeds. It's the same concept as towing a rear wheel drive car on the rear wheels. it can be done, but it's not a good idea.

To get around this I suppose you could remove the chain, but that seems like a long-term solution to a short term (or at least a very frequent) problem.

Comment

$2100.00 can get you something like this. I figured since I'll be going to the Gap quite often why not go all out. Has a side and rear ramp door.

Comment

I would go with a 5x8 tilt-bed trailer as the easiest to load and most versatile you can get.
                        '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
                        X