X

120/80/17 on an 88?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120/80/17 on an 88?

I have a few freebie new 120/80/17's. OEM on this bike calls for 110/80/17 from measurements ive done so far everything seems a go. and since the current front tire is bald and dangerous this seems like a great option. any reason why this couldnt be done? ive yet to find any info in the searches thanks

Originally posted by KnewKat View Post
    I have a few freebie new 120/80/17's. OEM on this bike calls for 110/80/17 from measurements ive done so far everything seems a go. and since the current front tire is bald and dangerous this seems like a great option. any reason why this couldnt be done? ive yet to find any info in the searches thanks

With out knowing the model and brand tire, any answer would be a guess. Sizes and fitment vary between those.

I suggest you check the manufacture's website and see the rim size range the specific tire you have is rated for. If they say the tire can be mounted on a 2.75" rim, then go for it. (size based upon year model and assumes you have the OEM 6 spoke rim).

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X