No announcement yet.
X

Shinko 009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just ordered the shinko 009 off revzilla. I am not a hard rider, I cruise 4 miles to and from work each day, and occasionally make long runs on a highway. I figured they would last a while, and be a decent tire.
    99 Katana 600

Comment

Well, my Ravens have done 2 long tours - 2500kms (1500 miles) and 8500 kms (about 5000 miles) plus some weekend scratching and commuting. They performed well and handled 40*C temperatures down to almost freezing in dry and wet conditions - although they weren't confidence inspiring on smooth, wet, windy roads. BUT, as single compound tyres, they are really toast after about 15 000 kms with the rear badly squared off (down to the wear indicators in the centre with plenty of meat left on the edges). Aggressive runs in the hills went some way to correcting this, but the run home of 3100 kms in 5 days of mostly straight B/C-roads means they're done, with even the front squared slightly and cupping.

So, they're good value and if your routes were more balanced in terms of straight vs curved and mostly dry, they would last longer and be a reasonable option. However, dual compounds for me. Pilot Road IIIs go on next week.

Comment

Pilot road 3's on my '98 600. Just over $400 after mounting. Most reviews show over 10,000 miles and still going. I am older now and do not push the bike but will ride with some spirit. They work great everywhere. Excellent in the wet and the cold.

Comment

Wow I just noticed I orded my 009's on 1/17, and I got them put on on 3/10. The tire was sitting in my garage the whole time. Well after almost a week of riding on the tire I really like it. It leans into the turns nice. The roads I travel are 90% strait so I wasn't really worried about a super grippy tire.
          99 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
          X