X

lsl handlebar kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsl handlebar kit

Hey Katriders... I came here to report on my ordering of the LSL Speigler handlebar kit. I commute daily on my '06 600 and have put over 14k miles on her since purchasing her last July. I've made 2 trips from Vegas to San Diego, one just last week.

I've been a bit choked up about CP, so it's taken me a bit to pull it together and get this typed up.

That said, my wrists, back, and hell the rest of my body are not happy with the riding position of the stock 600. After riding my friend's gsx650f, I've decided that the lsl kit will allow me to continue riding the bike. I can't afford a new bike but can put the money together for this kit.

It is a 4-6 week special order, so it'll be a while until I report on the results. I did find one thread here from '06 with some pics of two different installs. Looks awesome to me. If anyone has experience with the LSL kit, and the different types of bars they offer please chime in.

Thanks for listening...

I just don't feel good posting this knowing I won't get a response from Marc. I miss you already, bro.

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
    That said, my wrists, back, and hell the rest of my body are not happy with the riding position of the stock 600.
    You're getting old - go buy a Goldwing or something

Heya Jesse, where ya been man?
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Hey Dave long time. I just haven't had much reason to come around for a while. No mods going on, no problems to fix, just riding the damn thing lately. Until I decided to work the bars of course then I had to show my face again

I donno how people put any real miles on one of these, it's really hard on my back. But before you go calling me old, I've suffered with it since I bought the bike last July, and covered 14k miles in the process

Comment

Give us a product review with picture after you've installed it. I'm curious about the LSL as oppose to the Convertibars that I bought.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Hey Squiggy

How'd the convertibars work out? did you post a thread with pics etc?

Comment

How'd the convertibars work out? did you post a thread with pics etc?
            Works great. I'm glad I was able to buy them at the price I payed. However, no separate "product review" kind of thread. I do like how much of adjustment they allow.

Comment

I have the lsls and they are fine. I bought the bike with them on there but also rode my brothers stock katana and I prefer it with the taller bars.
              There's a pic in my intro thread, just a side pic.

Comment

I got the bars the other day and installed them that evening. Everything went smooth, it's quality hardware and came with everything I needed. Took me about 5 hours including a break for food, and a trip to Autozone for some brake fluid.

The Kat is like a whole new bike. I'm sitting FAR more upright, much more comfortable. Immediately noticeable is the lighter steering. Probably due to an increase in leverage from the wider bars and mounting location. No interference with fairings, tank or windscreen.

I should have done this 10k miles ago. I can't wait to make another trip to California on the bike now. I'm really stoked. I'll try and see if I can get someone to take pics of me riding it, that is probably the best way to illustrate the change in riding position.

The only difficulty, really, was transferring the grip heater from the clutch side. On that bar, the heater was affixed to the clip-on and was difficult to remove. The adhesive they put on those is pretty strong. Once I got it off, I cleaned the remaining adhesive from the back and tried to just slip it inside the grip and then the grip onto the bar using some windex. Of course, it was lose and twisted easily while riding so I just used a little bit of the RTV I bought for the valve adjustment. Put a little bead of that and twisted the grip w/heater over the bar and now it's on it like blue bonnet.

You also have to drill a hole on each side for the anti-twist pin on the controls. I center-punched the locations but on the clutch side my bit slipped a bit and the hole is higher than I'd have liked. The turn-signal is a bit uncomfortable to reach due to this. I'm gonna ride with it how it is for a while but I may end up tigging that hole closed and moving it about 1/4" forward.
                Last edited by Wheel; 10-14-2009, 03:15 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the heater.

Comment

I should have done this 10k miles ago. I can't wait to make another trip to California on the bike now. I'm really stoked. I'll try and see if I can get someone to take pics of me riding it, that is probably the best way to illustrate the change in riding position.
                  i really would love to see some pics and i am wondering how does it effect on handling.

Comment

I'll work on the pics. As for handling, it's a totally different feeling. I like it. I feel like I'm riding a super-moto or something.

Comment

Glad you like everything Wheel and it got there quicker than what we were both told. Enjoy.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

You also have to drill a hole on each side for the anti-twist pin on the controls.
                        My ConvertiBars were the same way but instead of drilling I just grinded down those nubs. This way I can adjust them any way I want. Tightening down the switch gear screws is enough for them not to twist around.

Comment

Here are some pics I snapped of my 03 with the zero gravity sport touring windscreen, 2" mirror risers, and the lsi bar adaptors and lsi bars. Its so much better than stock for visibility, riding position, and wind protection:

Comment

Working...
                          X