Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 600 yet another tire ????

Sorry but didnt wont to thread jack someone else
    i want to go with a bigger back tire rigt now totally stock 140
    i have picked up on te fact of needing to go with post 98-02 wheels in the rear and 98-06 front.

so my question after reading a sticky thread on this.
    with my stock arm and a set of post wheels whats the size of tire i can go to safely a 170 rear i think is wha i got out of it?

so with that all i need to do is mod the brake arm correct?

also whats a good front size to match up with the rear on he post wheels?

sorry i just want to make sure i hae it right in my head before i buy these parts and tires and jut be pissing in the wind.

Thanks
    sigpic94 Kat 600

that is correct. IMHO I would hold off on the wider tire swap and upgrade the weak suspension first. wider tire is going to make turn in slower, unless it's more for looks. I upgraded the suspension front and rear then went to a 150 tire, handles much better, turn in is quicker and more predictable.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

i was thinking a 150 just a bit bigger than stock i might just go that way. so i can just get riding sooner. I really wanna see how this bike and me jut along and see if i just wanna upgrade the hell out of it or get something newer. So thats the first decision i need to make but i loved my 96 kat 750 never owned a 600
      sigpic94 Kat 600

Comment

I have a 160 on mine. Looks to be plenty of room, with a 170 I'd think it would be cutting it close.

Comment

Working...
        X