X

Wider wheel and tire...98+ Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wider wheel and tire...98+ Kat?

I'm sure it's been asked a dozen times, but if tried the search bar in the Kat Rider header, unsuccessfully.

Is there a wider wheel off of an other bike that will fit the 750 Kat.
    Perhaps a mid ninties GSXR?
    The stock '02 rear wheel is 4.50 " wide. I'd like maybe a 5.50" or 5.75" wheel.
    And what about spacers and sprockets.

Any proven info would be great.

Thanks.
    "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Try reading this thread first:
    http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7909

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

C.P.

Thanks C.P.

I've read that thread when they came out. Is was quite interested to learn the finite details of tire measurements. Also very interested in the differences of those measurements from manufactyrer to manufacturer.

In fact I had copied and pasted the thread to a file on my computer for reference purposes.

My question was and still is...
      ... this there a wider Rim like that of an mid ninties GSXR 750, that with properspacers could be fit to the KAT 750

I'm not a particularly agressive rider however I do use up all of my current tire. After a good weekend ride I rarely have any identifiable chicken strips on my rear tire and I use all of the face of the front. Unless I could right a a right angle to the pavement, I'll never get the side walls worn on my BT014 Battleaxe front tire. BTW the rear is an BT020 Battleaxe.
      Why do I want a wider rear rim?
      Simply 'cause I like the look. Hey isn't that what got most of us hooked on the sport anyway?
      "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I don't know of any wider rear rim that will fit on your bike, but Walteri may (he seems to be the kind of such mods -- replacement swing arms, etc). If you're not getting sufficient lean angles for your satisfaction, move to a triple-arc-radius tire (the BT series is a dual-radius); the outside of the tire tread will fall away faster before the edge, giving you even more lean out of the same tire size.

If you just want a wider tire, Avon/Cooper and Shinko both make wider tires that will fit on a 4.5" rim.

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X