X

Seat replacement (Pre's)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat replacement (Pre's)

Anyone know what years were interchangeable for the pre's (specifically 90,91)? My seats a little rough and needs to be replaced.

Thanks!

I believe there is a thread in here to recover a seat. But I will let people with more expertise than me chime in.
    Randy

Comment

The seats do vary slightly, but all the seats for pre 98 should fit.
      Keeping in mind 600 and 750 are different.
      There are skins out there for recovering them..

Comment

Thanks. Much appreciated!!

Comment

Just an fyi: I recovered the front and backseat on my brothers pre for about $20.00.

1. 6sq ft of pleather/water resistent material from hobby lobby
          2. spray glue
          3. thin gel material (or a thin slice of memory foam)
          4. Hairdryer
          5. Electric staple gun

after about 45 minutes, they were done and looked/felt like a new seat.

I just followed the how to thread on here for seat recovering

Comment

Used seats in good condition are pretty cheap off of Ebay, just make sure the style matches yours. For example mine has a rider seat and a passenger seat. Some have one continuous seat. Just make sure you match a 600 seat with a 600 seat for the pre's and the style (1 or 2 unit) should match.

If you want more comfort or to change the color then recovering is also an option. I cut my seat to fit a male body and added memory foam. I now have the most comfortable motorcycle seat I've ever sat on. But, I've talked about all of this before: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102289
            Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Working...
            X