No announcement yet.
X

Project 88 Katana- Running logbook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you may not realize is that I have been riding dirt with this kid for years. He also has riden my 91 Kat on more than a couple occasions and I know how he rides. I would not even think about this if I did not think he could handle the bike.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

• Originally posted by meanstrk
      What you may not realize is that I have been riding dirt with this kid for years. He also has riden my 91 Kat on more than a couple occasions and I know how he rides. I would not even think about this if I did not think he could handle the bike.
      We'll it would be a cool present for him, I had a little DT175 at that age and loved it.

Was he the one on the back when you binned the Bandit last year? I remember you posting it but I can't remember who you were riding with. If it was him that experience alone would no doubt add some volume to that "little voice" we all have that keeps us in check when riding.
      Kyle

Comment

• Yep, same kid!
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

• You're kid'll LOVE it!!!!

I just got my 16 year old started on a '81 Honda CX500.
          2005 Aprilia RST1000
          2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
          1998 Chevy Tahoe
          www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

• Bike is now listed in the "For Sale" section. It runs GREAT!
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

• Final pics........

Final update. Bike has been totaly completed now. The only things I did NOT do was a new seat cover and painting the plastics.

The pics look a bit funky do to the resizing of them, but you get the idea.......

One final pic of the bike loaded on the trailer on the way to the "lemon lot" on base to go up for sale localy. This pic was taken on Sunday, late afternoon. I am going to be sorry to see her go since I put so much time and effort into her. I am listing it for $2500 firm and may be delivering it some time Tuesday

Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

• Wow , thanks for making me feel worthless . Man , the bike I bought back in OCT still ain't done yet . And you're selling that thing for so cheap considering what you've done there .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Good luck on the Sale, she looks awesome.
                  Kyle

Comment

• Ron, you did an outstanding job in such a short amount of time.

Weather's getting nice, she won't last long on the lot. They're only lasting days up here as it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X