X

kat foot pegs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat foot pegs.

I got a bit of a problem.. im 6'4 with a size 14 shoe riding a 750.. problem being is that my foot is gets stuck on the shifter and shifts gears at all the wrong times.. anyone know if 600 pegs will bolt up to the bottom 2 bolt holes on the 750 frame? other then cutting and welding up new tabs what can i do?
    A hero need not speak, for when he is gone the world will speak for him.

600 pegs wont help with this problem. Have you tried adjusting the shifter itself?

Could always try the 5forty2 mod and start chopping toes off.

sorry dennis I had to.
    Last edited by cintidude04; 03-21-2012, 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

lmao.. yeah i think chopping toes off will be the LAST opp. but as for adjusting, yeah i did. still just too much foot lol. come winter, i'll deff be getting a set of gsxr fully ajustables.

Comment

I'll just mention if your foot is hitting the shifter at all ever when you don't intend to... you foot is in the wrong position or the shifter is in the wrong position.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

cafewithballz if you avatar is your bike...That is sexy
          1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

I'm 6'6 and have a size 15 foot...

I ride a 600, only way of getting around it is:

rotate your foot out when you don't want to shift gears...

or a thinner profile shoe...

Comment

Best way around that problem would be to ride with the balls of your feet or toes on the pegs, then just move your foot into position as needed to shift. If your feet are hanging down under the shifter, eventually you might catch your toes mid-corner.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                Best way around that problem would be to ride with the balls of your feet or toes on the pegs, then just move your foot into position as needed to shift. If your feet are hanging down under the shifter, eventually you might catch your toes mid-corner.

Ditto, I'm curious as to how the hell your foot is hitting the shifter when you're not shifting...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

show pics

Comment

Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
                    show pics
                    Foot fetish?
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Ditto, I'm curious as to how the hell your foot is hitting the shifter when you're not shifting...
                      Why, he is tapping to the beat as he listens to his Ipod....

I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs unless I am planning on shifting... But that is because I always felt I had better control of the bike then when I let 'em hang...
                      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

COMP WERKS GP pegs.

get rid of the big bulky pegs. I hated the oem pegs and I have small feet.
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

it was more so shifting as i roll my foot out after a shift but i'll just adjust it a little more and deal with it come winter. (and the avatar is just some random ducati build)
                          Last edited by cafewithballz; 03-21-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X