X

speedo question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo question

i've got a 2000 kat 600 and was thinking about getting a gear indicator . just wondering if my speedo was a cable or digital can somebody let me know

digital
    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't ride wearing one though.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
        I wouldn't ride wearing one though.

Comment

Need to add a feature to this forum where you can click on a button and get a snare drum rim shot/high-hat sound FX.
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

i dont think you can. I mean you can, BUT it would require some PITA mods id imagine.

Comment

There are a few company's that offer them, not to hard to tap in I don't think, the wires are pretty easy to reach. I can pull my dash out without even taking my fairings off really. It's just a matter of calibrating after hooking it up I guess.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

GSXFJim was making gear indicators... contact him.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I've seen some pretty neat gear indicators made with just a simple LED for each gear. If I were to have one, that's the way I would go. You have to swap to a different gear position switch, but otherwise it's pretty straightforward.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                    I've seen some pretty neat gear indicators made with just a simple LED for each gear. If I were to have one, that's the way I would go. You have to swap to a different gear position switch, but otherwise it's pretty straightforward.
                    Kat's have one of those to begin with? Or do you have to add it on either way?

Comment

kats have one that indicates neutral only. It can be modded to have contacts to run all gears. I've seen a how to somewhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcssls View Post
                        kats have one that indicates neutral only. It can be modded to have contacts to run all gears. I've seen a how to somewhere.
                        Now that is interesting. I knew it had the one for neutral, but I'd be curious to see how to mod it for others.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                          Now that is interesting. I knew it had the one for neutral, but I'd be curious to see how to mod it for others.
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                            If you really must know the secret................

I've seen it done two ways.

1-Drill the original sensor in the correct places and add contacts where they need to be for the other gear positions.

2-Swap on a switch from a GS1100. Supposedly they are a direct swap and have all the gear positions already.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Or get a very nicely made one from GSXFjim....

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                              X