Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many bought a Kat because it was a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought my 600cc because it was cheap. I wanted a wider back tire on my pre so I signed up to the forum. After reading and riding a few years, I found a 1100cc for cheap too. Being a happy owner of the 600, I bought the 1100 because its a Kat.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• alls i know is i was looking for a sport touring bike that wouldn't break the bank. And since that's pretty much webster's definition of the katana, it was an easy choice. once i knew i liked the kat i looked at about 4 of them before buying the one i did

Comment

• Thought I had already posted here in 2011 but can't find me
        I bought my Kat just because I always liked them.
        I was working in a Suzuki dealer when the original 1982 Hans Muthe design came out. The 1100 was a blast to drift around bends on Pirelli Phantom's, most bikes just gripped then let go big time. For some reason the Suzuki could drift without letting go?
        The GSX-SACS motor was 'just a development' of the older GSX 4 valve (Suzuki used SACS motors at Bol D'or in 1980, I saw one with the fairings off)
        Anyway, at the time I was riding MX and enduro's; 750 Kat (SACS motor) was also a very easy bike to drift around, wet or dry and felt quite a lot like a big heavy MX bike
        Well, I wanted an early 750 (longer swing arm, lot more torque) but 'slightly modified' 600 came along at right price so that's what I've got. I have a spare 600 motor with 750 top end and almost all the parts to put early 1100 crank, etc into 600 cases (same size main bearing journals and bearing spacing - bigger crank-pins and heavier rods though)
        I'll get around to it one day
        I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it.
        There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

Comment

• I was looking for a sport bike, an early gixxer I was hoping to for, but ran across my 03 Katana. Yes, it was a deal I couldn't pass up although I almost missed it as I was holding off getting it as I looked around. The more I considered the oil cooled engine with gixxer DNA and the fact I missed out on a sweet yellow Kat a year or so ago that I was disappointed about, the more this Kat made sense. With a lengthy road trip planned for summer the sport touring seating position seemed to speak to me. Seems like a lot of upside and little downside. Maybe I'll keep it and add a gixxer to keep it company in the garage.

Comment

• After riding the Kat, the GIXXER will be very uncomfortable.... I would take an early GIXXER.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Just bought my 4th Kat. 2004 600
              sigpic

Comment

• I acquired my Kat by chance. I knew next to nothing about them before, and after riding it a bit I've come to realize why Suzuki sold so many of them back in the day.
                1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
                2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
                2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
                1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

• I started out looking for a Honda Night Hawk 750 because I thought I could get an older one cheap, but when I realized how basic they are, some don't even have a center stand, I started looking for other bikes that might reasonable but better equipped. An 06 Katana 750 with 10k miles found a home.
                  2006 750

Comment

Working...
                  X