Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many bought a Kat because it was a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many bought a Kat because it was a Kat?

Ive been reading a lot of threads of people buying a Katana because they were cheap or they knew a friend that had it, yada yada yada.

Ill tell you I got my bike from a friend, not really knowing what it was. If I went looking for a first bike and did my research I probaly would not have bought a Katana.

Knowing the bike now, Ive fallen in love with it, and Id pick another one up in a heart beat. Id love to have both a Pre and Post.

But how many people actually went looking for a Kat to purchase? Anyone on here actually do the research ad think, "Man that Katana is a great bike, Im going to hunt one down ad buy it!"?
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

I'm kind of in the middle. I went looking to upgrade to a middleweight sport-touring kind of bike, spent a couple months tormented over a GSX650F/FZ6R/650 Ninja decision. Checked out an '07 Interceptor but the seat was way to high for my stubby little legs, same with an '08 Bandit. Then saw my Katana at a cheaper price, did some research (and received a lot of flack from the Nonbelievers!), sat on it and could comfortably get at least the balls of my feet on the ground, and bought it.

Should be delivered this week, so I don't know yet if I made a good decision, but I'm confident I did!

BTW, '06 750, red, looks new with <2700 mi from a trusted dealer with a warranty till 6/1, but I paid book value -- way overpriced in some people's opinions.

Comment

Actually I did hunt down a Kat but only because the Kat was cheap and had other characteristics I wanted... So in one way I wanted a Kat, but not for it's Katness..

Comment

I did, I wanted a bike that was somewhat sporty but not an Super Sport for 2 reasons.

1) insurance is a ***** up here in Ontario
        2) I'd be tempted to use that power to often lol.

I read some on line reviews, then I found Katanaplanet and read some more. Asked a few questions then finally decided to go for it.

I wanted a bike that was sporty enough to have fun with, and comfortable enough to ride long distance or commute with.

Can't say I've regretted the decision at all.
        Kyle

Comment

I wasn't going just for a katana, I had a list

Ninja 650
          SV 650 (faired model)
          Katana 600/750
          ZZR 600

The 750 kat I got now came up before any of those did, at a good price. Although I was placing priority on the ZZR...

Comment

I got mine because it was there.

I wanted a "sporty" bike, not big, in a certain price range. My 06 600 was the closest fit available when I went shopping.

I had found an ad for a Ninja that was perfect, but what looked perfect on the ad wasn't in person.

The fact that the insurance was a lot cheaper than a GSX-R or a CBR or an R6 helped a lot with the decision.

I'm happy with what I got.

Comment

i was looking for a sport tour and saw my 99 on the showroom floor,liked her cute face with a brick house body and pointed butt.

Comment

mine was a great deal, a 04 / 750 for 2k with a 1000 miles on it. I could not pass up that deal.
                TRUST YOUR HANG !

Comment

Originally posted by arctickat View Post
                  mine was a great deal, a 04 / 750 for 2k with a 1000 miles on it. I could not pass up that deal.
                  Wow!

Comment

It's was there and in my price range. Shoot I didn't even know what it was but it felt comfy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I fell in love with my first bike, an 86 GSXR750..... so when it came time to get another bike, I ran across my first Kat at a little motorcycle mechanic's shop, and it seemed like a perfect fit. I was already comfortable with the mechanics of oil-cooled Suzuki's from my first bike. After I got rid of that one, I went for another Kat specifically.

So to answer your question, no, the first one wasn't exactly what I was looking for.... but when I stumbled upon it, it all came together.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i had coveted a Katana back when that midnight blue 1100 came out but was out of my price range. when my 98 750 was on Craiglist for $1600 i jumped on it. i have been fixing it up ever since. i'm pleased with my purchase. it's as fast as i need and comfortable.
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I bought my first "pre" because it was a good deal and I could afford it, also I liked the looks of the bike, and a friend had one, rode alot two-up with him so I knew it was a good bike.
                          Then bought the "post" because I liked the "pre" so much
                          Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                          I am fond of my rough edges.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just stumbled onto mine but absolutely loved it. I only sold it because of the sweet deal I got on the TLR. I still miss her and eventually hope to buy another. I really just wish I could afford both.
                            sigpic

Comment

i didnt look for a kiat at all, i was looking for a SS bike, but the guy wanted 2k for a 2000 kat 600 with 35XXX on it i offered him 1500 and traliered my new bike home. im sarting to notice its a little on the heavier side, especially for me (155lbs). but i figure itll make a great bike for 3+ years!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X