X

Windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen

Anyone have any recommendations for a new windscreen? Mine has a bunch of spider web cracking.

Is something like this decent, or is there a brand I need to look for when buying one?

I have one of those cheap Chinese screens, don't waste your money...half of my screws aren't in because the mounting holes don't line up.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Appropriate thickness can also be an issue..can't tell from that one. Mine is from Lockhart Phillips. Perfect fit. I'm very satisfied. Zero gravity is another that folks here on KR have installed.
      2004 GSX750F

Comment

I bought a "cheap" Chinese dark smoke double-bubble windscreens for the pre through ebay a couple of years ago and it actually worked out well. I guess it just depends on who makes them. If you go through ebay take a look at the feedback and see if there are any complaints about the windscreen not fitting properly.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

memphis shades maybe? chinese knock off screens have no uv protectant so if you have your bike in the elements for too long or too much the windshield will become brittle.

Comment

I bought a chineese one and I'm very pleased with it. kinda hard to tell if it's good or not cause everyone has ther oppions, but mine came perfect, it's a little darker then I would have lined but it lined up perfect
            1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

i received a free one with my fairings and the holes linned right up, the new one is even taller than my stock one so now the wind doesnt hit me in the face anymore

Comment

Originally posted by illwillone View Post
                i received a free one with my fairings and the holes linned right up, the new one is even taller than my stock one so now the wind doesnt hit me in the face anymore
                Did you happen to buy one of the full fairing kits off of ebay from china?
                New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Comment

yes i did , i took a chance - thats the kit from hong kong in the pic

Comment

Looks nice...
                    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Two things. 1) That seat looks much more comfy than mine. 2) That looks awesome. How are the quality of the plastics? Do they feel similar to the OEM? Windscreen looks like it bolts clean too.
                      New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Comment

Those fairings look nice

Comment

color looks nice but that windshield is ugly as ^%$#...

it totally goes against the lines and flow of the bike
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by illwillone View Post
                            yes i did , i took a chance - thats the kit from hong kong in the pic
                            I'm thinking about buying one of these. But how did you get the gas tank to match? did you have to paint it? Or did it come with a cover or what?

s

Comment

believe it or not the gas tank is the oem red paint , i thought i would have to get it painted to match the fairings but it actually matches . could use some wax

Originally posted by Sjorge3442 View Post
                              Two things. 1) That seat looks much more comfy than mine. 2) That looks awesome. How are the quality of the plastics? Do they feel similar to the OEM? Windscreen looks like it bolts clean too.
                              the plastics arent bad , they arent as flexible as the oem but where else can you buy a set of fairings that come painted .my new windscreen is bigger than the one i had before but i figured i'll try it hey i got it free with the fairings
                              Last edited by illwillone; 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X