X

I am an idiot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am an idiot

I spent probably 5 minutes this morning and yesterday morning cussing my kat because the seat wouldn't come off.

Turns out I forgot about the little ring you have to pull to get the 750 seat to let go.

My bad! I didn't think it had been that long since the last time I rode.

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
    I spent probably 5 minutes this morning and yesterday morning cussing my kat because the seat wouldn't come off.

Turns out I forgot about the little ring you have to pull to get the 750 seat to let go.

My bad! I didn't think it had been that long since the last time I rode.

I hated that thing... terrible setup.

Swapped out for the 600 tail.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I may just "deactivate" it.

It's never even been an issue before. As soon as I remembered it...pop...came right off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        I hated that thing... terrible setup.

Swapped out for the 600 tail.

Krey
        Is that an easy task? The 600's tail looks a lot better than the 750's...

Comment

Don't feel too bad. I had a 750 and don't even remember the ring at all.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I have an '89 750 and have looked everywhere for that ring, but have not been able to find it. My seat comes off by just turning the key and lifting the seat. The PO was not a mechanical type, so I am confident he didn't remove it. Did they start using that on certain years?

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I had a '95 750...and no pull ring. Key turn, seat off.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Hmmmmm..... I can't remember my '89 having a ring.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mELIANTE View Post
                  Is that an easy task? The 600's tail looks a lot better than the 750's...
                  Not exactly an easy task, unless you know someone who can weld for you. Then, it wasn't so bad. Check my build thread for pics and walkthru of when I did it.

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                  Don't feel too bad. I had a 750 and don't even remember the ring at all.
                  Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
                  I have an '89 750 and have looked everywhere for that ring, but have not been able to find it. My seat comes off by just turning the key and lifting the seat. The PO was not a mechanical type, so I am confident he didn't remove it. Did they start using that on certain years?
                  Originally posted by Scout View Post
                  I had a '95 750...and no pull ring. Key turn, seat off.
                  Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  Hmmmmm..... I can't remember my '89 having a ring.
                  It's listed for all years on the parts fiche http://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/687/SKU/630981, but then that doesn nessasarily mean it was put on every 750. I know my 93 had it and I have been the sole owner. Nancie's 93 750 also has it. The 96 frame I have did have it as I can still see the markings on the brace it was fit too from when it was there. It's also REALLY easy to just remove as 2 screws takes it right out and the cable just "clips" into the rear sub frame. I did once... but it did make a huge difference in how "secure" the seat felt on my bike so I put it back and eventually swapped to the 600 seat anyways.

It bolts to the rear cross brace, the flat one. You can see it here on the left side.

Here is where the finger ring hangs. Just above the spring is a U bracket that sticks off the frame there. The cable just clips into that U.

The 96 kat I was talking about, you can still see the outline of where it had it, and the 2 bumpers from the seat on either side as well.

I've seen too many factory variances already to make any claims that "all " bikes had it... but then I've also see way too many PO bikes that had some crazy stuff done to them by the PO, so I won't claim it wasn't either.

If you do have one, or had one... those pics should point out where/what/how for you.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                  X