Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

East coast trip writeup and pics, lots of pics :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East coast trip writeup and pics, lots of pics :)

Day 1: In the garage getting ready

Day 1: Stop over at the beer store in colbourne for a can of beer for the night to relax the muscles…. It was good beer mmmm

Day 2: Somewhere in Vermont just off of I91 on highway2

Day 2: Same as above

Day 3: somewhere in the mountains in Vermont

Day 3: same as above

Day 3: Just crossed the border into St.Stephen, first Timmies we saw we stopped, Back home again ahhhh

Day 3: On our way to St. John on hwy 1

Day 3: Same as above

Day 3: Same as above

Day 3: On the BAY ferry from St.John to Digby

Day 3: Holding bay for vehicles where our bikes were tied down… I tied the cr*p out of mine… hand grips and also the front brake was engaged…. She was stayin put 

Day 4: After a horrible ride on hwy 8 in nova scotia during the night with deer everywhere! We end up in Lunenburg which we spent the night in a motel on a hill it was beautiful.

Day 4: same as above

Day 4: Memorial of swis air flight 111… 3 pillars pointing into the sea

Day 4: Peggys cove, most picturistic place apparently

Day 4: Same as above

Day 4: In the capital! of Nova Scotia that is… so Halifax at the harbour.

Day 5: Finally what we came for the Cabot trail

Day 5: The sign that says it all

Day 5: Nice view of the road we just came from

Day 5: me taking a corner very slowly… I wasn’t even leaning much as you can see and the pic didn’t come out as well as I have hoped

Day 5: Attempt 2 for a good pic and still nothing so we gave up

Day 5: Great view so we took a pic… on the south side of the coast

Day 5: Holding a rock and the view is towards the north side of the coast

Day 5: View down the nice hill we just came up on

Day 5: Our first beach that we saw… so we pulled in for a pic

Day 5: And it finally happened…. After 2 seasons of riding I dropped my bike, and my friend did too… we were doing a U turn but it was on a steep hill and when we were parallel to the road our bike leaned to the left which was downhill and we both dropped them at the same time… too much weight so we had to help each other pick the up…. This is the hill where they fell

Day 5: The damage… fairing scratched, mirror scratched, clutch handle scratched, handlebar peg scratched, turn signal lense scratched and finally the crank cover scratched…. Other than that no other damage… I wasn’t very happy at that point, my friend bent his clutch pedal so he had only 5, 6 gear, so we found a place up the road that had a crow bar and he bent it back into place so we were good to go.

Day 5: another view from the trail

Day 5: and another

Day 5: sitting on the road

Day 5: Nice view of the coast

Day 5: our bikes at the coast

Day 5: another view of our bikes

Day 5: Well we had to do it… we had to try the lobster so we pulled in somewhere by Cheticamp and we had lobster… it was pretty good, gummy towards the tail but alright.

Day 5: Dig in!!! Me with my “tools” as the waiter called them

Day 5: All done with the lobster

Day 5: Finished plate

Day 6: leaving cape Breton right before the bridge at the info place.

Day 6: In the capital of PEI, Charlottetown, my 3rd time there

Day 6: At the harbour in Charlottetown

Day 7: Our campsite at Cavendish, we went to the bar the night before and hat a pitcher of beer and some wings

Day 7: Leaving the campsite all packed up on our way to the bridge

Day 7: At the beach in Cavendish

Day 7: At the dunes on the beach

Day 7: Borden Carleton at the info place right in front of confederation bridge

Day 7: Just outside of the info place

Day 7: That’s where we are!

Day 7: Finally we were able to go to the beach since we arrived at our site early… we were at Kellys beach in Kouchibouguac National park

Day 7: at the campsite in Kouchibouguac park

Day 8: Just crossed the bridge in Miramichi going towards Toronto

Day 8: another pic of the bridge

Day 8: We are arriving in Riviere Du Loupe…. Very nice city view from the hill

Day 9: Wake up at 7 am at the campsite in Rivier Du Loupe… didn’t know they had Disney land lol….. took a pic of this place pretty nice

Day 9: Between Quebec city and Montreal… timmies run and rest

Day 9: another shot of tims

Day 10: Final day camping at cornwall packing up before the rain started again and left for Toronto.

Total km – 4621Km

Let me know what you guys think....
    Shiny side up !!!

Awesome Trip

Seems like you had an awesome trip. I wish I had the time to do the same.

Comment

What an excellent trip! Great pictures you took, did the weather hold out for you most of the trip?

I would much prefer to ride East then West (my sis and family are in Halifax)

Glad you made it there and back safely, and nice of your friend to drop his bike to make you feel better
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

The weather was great... we had like 2 times where it rained for like 5 min and we just kept going and passed the cloud and the last day from cornwall to toronto it rained pretty good but we had rain gear then by like ajax it stopped so we had no rain till we got home
        Shiny side up !!!

Comment

nice pics of a nice trip; i'm jealous

thanks for posting the pics
          You're Welcome,
          - The Social Invalid

Comment

Very cool pics, thanks for sharing.
            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

beautiful country, I am going to Toronto in October! Can't wait to see the country side, so open! Hey what's up with all you Katana riders up there? I have never seen so many Katanas in one place. do they give them away up there or something? I wish I could take off work and enjoy as long a trip as you enjoyed. Maybe somesday

Comment

that looks fun

Comment

Originally posted by mash
                  beautiful country, I am going to Toronto in October! Can't wait to see the country side, so open! Hey what's up with all you Katana riders up there? I have never seen so many Katanas in one place. do they give them away up there or something? I wish I could take off work and enjoy as long a trip as you enjoyed. Maybe somesday
                  Well if you come in october then bring warmer clothes it sometimes gets chilly in october so bundle up... not that many kats up here, well a few of us but not that many from what i see.... all you need is 5 days off mon - fri and then start the trip fri after work and continue until the last sunday....
                  Shiny side up !!!

Comment

YOU LUCKY BASTAGE!

I've been wanting to do a trip like that for awhile now. Glad to hear it went so well! (aside from the minor topple)

Comment

check the member map..

Originally posted by konradpol
                      Well if you come in october then bring warmer clothes it sometimes gets chilly in october so bundle up... not that many kats up here, well a few of us but not that many from what i see.... all you need is 5 days off mon - fri and then start the trip fri after work and continue until the last sunday....
                      check the member map, there is a huge member base around toronto, that is, if I have my geographics correct

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for sharing

KCCO!!!
                        Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Re: check the member map..

Originally posted by konradpol
                          check the member map, there is a huge member base around toronto, that is, if I have my geographics correct
                          Yea i know... but i'm saying i never see them on the road... like at a tims that i go to where theres usually like minimum 50 bikes i think i see 1 kat that comes thats it... on the road not many
                          Shiny side up !!!

Comment

interesting...maybe people there just like the site --not real KR's

Comment

I wish I know you were in Charlottetown because the pics you took are just 3 mins from my place I could have shown you around, Great pics looks like you had fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X