X

Pre 600 to pre 750 swap question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 600 to pre 750 swap question

Doing a pre 600 to pre 750 engine swap and i am planning on using the carbs from my 600. My question is what jets will i need to change?

Sell the 600 carbs and buy the 750 set, you'll be better off. Unless you have a lot of time to fiddle fuck around till they work. 750 carb bores are larger than a 600.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have a lot of time to fiddle fuck around until they work. Not looking to spend $200+ on a new set of carbs.

Comment

Why would you want to choke the 750 engine with 600 carbs? It's not as simple just bolting them up, they fit differently.

Check response post #3 in this thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=99844

Comment

It would really be awesome if i could get those stock jet sizes...

Comment

You can't just throw the stock jets from a set of BST36SS (750) carbs in a set of BST33SS (600) carbs and expect it to work. They don't fit differently, one is 36mm and one is 33mm, but only the inner diameter is different. Externally they are the same. However, if you think you can just put the 750 jets in 600 carbs and it'll be good, I wish you luck. I think what Krey meant is that the 98+ 600 and 750 are spaced differently. I'm about 99% sure the pre 98 600 and 750 don't differ enough to require different carb boots.
            Last edited by arsenic; 05-21-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Found a carb rack off of a California bike, can I still use it?

Comment

Yes
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                X