Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you think

Ok guys
    Got a project going as some may no
    This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

My question here is what you think fitting gsxr swingarm with busa shock using kat cushion lever only problem so far is needing spacers for bones to cush lever

I understand doing mods is like trial and error but thought iŽd ask you knowledgeable guys what you thought

Thanks for your input

Trying to fit a GSXR swing arm in the Kat frame is more work than it is worth....TRUST me!!

I made my own swing arm and it was faster and a better end result!

I widened it to accept a Hayabusa rear end setup. (The whole rear axel, spacers brake caliper mount....everything.) I then stretch it 4" using/cutting another 750 swing arm apart, and adding the smallest Hayabusa aftermarket extensions on. (I did this so i had te correct axel spacing and so that my chain adjusters where perfect fit)

If you are interested i can send some pics over e-mail.
    [email protected]

Ride Safe, cheers!!

Comment

To do it right... your looking at some serious math to work out the geometry of the suspension.

Others have done the same thing... and found that just putting parts together in a different configuration does NOT work to make a bike that will work well when ridden. Some of them found the parts ended up too low on the bike causing clearance issues. Others found the parts wanted to hit other parts when operated with in the full swing arc.

I agree... unless you have the training/skills, you may not want to do this as it is not just as simple making it fit.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Kat-the-Ripper, your shit is sick. What engine and what turbo kit??
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Million$ View Post
          Kat-the-Ripper, your shit is sick. What engine and what turbo kit??
          Thanks Million$, appreciate that! I used a 2001 Bandit 1200 engine and a Proboost Turbo Kit for the Bandit 1200 bike. There were a lot of frame mods i had to do for the turbo kit to fit and just a couple to fit the engine. I first did the engine couple years ago, ran 11.31 / 1/4 mile. NOT fast enough! I really enjoy the comfort of the Katana, and it being a larger frame bike is great for me as i am a 300lbs rider! i made my own extended swing arm from 2 Kat ones and some busa extensions. Used a whole Busa rear wheel set up. Managed to get 10.30 / 1/4 Mile on low boost (7psi). Ran 9.3 sec. on (15psi) and 10.8 sec on (22psi).....i popped the motor 3/4 way down the track!! lol
          I now have 1st gen Busa Pistons (12.3:1) 81mm which actually gives me 8.63:1 in the bandit motor as it increased my deck clearance. Busa pistons are shorter. Got dual valve springs, adjustable cam gears, turbo cams, and a boost controller. I can't wait until the 2016 race season to see what she puts down!! Ohhh ya.....i also have to go get my NHRA licence now cause i ran too fast that weekend. but they let me go down the track again and thats when i blew it up! Karma is a bitch!

Cheers bro!

E-mail me if you want any advice on the swap or turbo set up if you try and do your own.

Comment

Awesome!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X