X

effin idle thingy...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effin idle thingy...

the idle adjuster connects a the rod to the carbs over a small piece of rubber hose well it must be slipping inside the hose cuz i try to turn my idle up and nothing happens, any body come up with a better solution to this yet???? i tried hose clamps but they hit the carb bowl. this is rather frustrating...
    Last edited by roadblock409; 06-19-2010, 10:07 PM.
    sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

Inside the rubber hose is a steel cable. Hose is just a protection. On the other side it's connected to the adjuster screw.
    At first cable twists for some angle without turning the screw.

Try giving it a twist on the throttle while you turn the idle adjuster, to remove the pressure on the adjuster screw. This works for me.

Comment

+1
      When the throttle is closed, the weight of the butterfly valve springs is pushing down on the screw, open the throttle a little to take the pressure off, and then give it a twist. Careful though, they're notoriously sensitive to change.

Comment

If the rubber casing has dried out and hardened, it could be very difficult to turn up to the point of not turning at all. I had to break off the once rubber, now hard plastic casing to make one usable before.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

it is very dry, stiff and a lil rotted and i tried crackin the throttle when i noticed it not working and it was kinda hit and miss, can you give me details on ur solution krey???

Comment

Originally posted by roadblock409 View Post
            it is very dry, stiff and a lil rotted and i tried crackin the throttle when i noticed it not working and it was kinda hit and miss, can you give me details on ur solution krey???

I removed the black casing entirely. A pair of pliers on the edge cracked it, and I peeled the rest off.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

so i just peel off the rubber??? sounds lil risky lMAO

Comment

Nope not risky, I did the same thing! There is an 1/8, 3/16 or so steel flexible cable inside the black plastic cover. The cover is just there for protection. And protection from I don't know what
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

last time i discarded the rubber i ended up with kids lol but i will try this when i have the tank off next time thanx guys!!

Comment

Working...
                  X