X

Exhaust Recommendation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Recommendation

Hey. I'm looking at getting a slip on exhaust for my Kat 750. I was looking for something Carbon Fiber or Black. I know they're based on preferance but I'm looking for something that really improves the sound but dosen't get too incredibly loud at Idle ( D&D ) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and a place to get them at a decent price would be great. Thanks for the help.

Yoshi

Comment

low at idle would be a Yosh. and a plus with the carbon fiber is that it dont get too hot. after im done riding i can put my hand on the exhaust pipe and its only warm

you could also look into buying M4. That carbon pipe is sweet too.

Scorpion

two bros

any of the above would be good. its all in the matter of personnal taste tho
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
        its all in the matter of personnal taste tho
        +1

They're all the same just different tones, gotta pick the one you like.

I have a soft spot for Hindle Akrapovic and M4.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If you want cheap buy a Delkevic stainless of eBay and paint it black.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

ive got a vance and hines ss system.. not too loud at idle, and sounds reallllllyy nice all around. im pretty sure they have a slip on.. not 100% on that though
            Originally posted by loudnlow7484
            I read into a lot of things, and helmets are no exception.

Full faced helmets say to me "I take riding seriously. I've made mistakes, but I've learned from them. I'm either a proficient motorcyclist, or trying to become one"

Brain buckets say to me "I ride because it helps me get mass quantities of low-quality vag"

Comment

Appreciate the tips guys. I hadn't heard of the M4 slip on. Looks pretty awesome. I was lookin at that or the carbon fiber Yoshi.

Comment

Before I bought my Yoshi I heard a M4 on an I4 and it sounded gooood. But the Yoshi was priced great so I bought that instead. The Yoshi sounds fine anyways.
                How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

whats nice about the yoshi is that it has a removeable silencer that literally takes 30 seconds to install and gives your bike a completely different tone
                  Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Yosh, here's a few soundclips of different slip ons http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0...ips/index.html
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

hrm...do they sell those yosh inserts seperately? My yosh came on the bike...and I dont have an insert in there?

Comment

Im sure you could order one or find one somewhere.. check ebay or the yosh website. When the silencer is in, it almost sounds stock .. really revvy not as deep as when the silencer is out.
                        Current Bikes:

Comment

Hindle. Check my garage for pics. You can usually get one from ebay at a decent price. Much quieter than my D&D but still makes some good noise at higher RPMs.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

I have a D&D and also loved the sound of the Two Brothers pipe on my CBR!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X