X

Katana cleanup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana cleanup

Well seeing as it's new to me, I figure why not start out with a good cleaning, fluid changes, and carb check. Here's some progress pics from the start of it.

It's all new to me but I'm sure you guys have seen these threads a million times. I hope you don't mind me taking up some bandwidth with pics and small updates.

The start

Fairings and tank all removed

Naked bike

More to come shortly.
    --Dan
    Last edited by Scalelover; 08-16-2011, 01:34 PM.

Congrats on the bike purchase. I like black bikes. Nice 600. It is a 600, yeah?
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
      Congrats on the bike purchase. I like black bikes. Nice 600. It is a 600, yeah?
      Yes it is a 99" 600. actually got it in a trade for some car repairs, the paint is not perfect on it, the last owner sprayed it at his shop ao it's got a few areas that could be better but I'm not complaining.

I'll be respraying it over winter, thinking of going with a copper over black combo. As well as doing some other upgrades, as for now I just want to get it running right and ride out the season.

--Dan

Comment

Well carbs are back together and seemed to go together well?-?-?-?-? Now I'll be starting to put it back together with some help from you guys(hopefully) on picking out the right fluids and which ones to do. I opened a poll thread in here too hope that's ok.

--Dan

Comment

Sounds like a fun project. My Kat runs good for now, but I'm definitely going to rejet it and paint it over the winter, as well as add an aftermarket exhaust. I was thinking the same color combo, but decided on just black. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Brake - Castrol GT LMA (Dot 4)
            Oil - Mobil 1 4T or Rotella T Full Synthetic

Cant think of any other fluids... Bike looks good BTW.. much better than what mine did when i got it.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Don't forget new blinker fluid

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6
              2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Nice looking bike! Love the black and think the copper/black 2-tone would look sick!

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
                  That is hilarious love that they have an add for it

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X