X

Heard a snap.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoarderBry View Post
    well I checked all the fuses by the battery box and the ones on the clutch-side by the tank....all look fine. Battery is fully charged too.

So I guess my next question is could it be the coils? Do they make a POP or SNAP-sound when over-loaded or something??

We are looking at 65-degree weather this week and want to get her back on the road....

Also, I noticed that when the battery is hooked up, the clock works. But when I turn the key to ON, the clock goes out....
    Is your headlight off when the key is on? I had a problem when I first got my bike... it seemed like the battery was fully charged but when I turned the key to "on" the clock turned off, the headlight went super dim, I thought I fried something.

That was my introduction to "surface voltage." I don't know about the snap but your clock going out sounds just like...

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122408
    2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by WebDevDan View Post
      Is your headlight off when the key is on? I had a problem when I first got my bike... it seemed like the battery was fully charged but when I turned the key to "on" the clock turned off, the headlight went super dim, I thought I fried something.

That was my introduction to "surface voltage." I don't know about the snap but your clock going out sounds just like...

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122408

Thanks for that link bud! And no, not one single light comes on when the key is in the 'ON' position....
      I will hook up the voltage meter again today to double check the battery output.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Turns out it was the battery the whole time!!

Least that's an easy fix.....

My buddy got out of work early today and threw in a battery from a medical table they use. Turned over on the first try he said!

So am picking up a proper cycle battery on my way home so I can enjoy this near-70 degree day.

Thanks for all the insight and help guys.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Turns out it was the battery the whole time!!
          That's what I was gonna suggest, trying a different battery.

Glad you got it figured out!
          Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Originally posted by davea7 View Post
            That's what I was gonna suggest, trying a different battery.

Glad you got it figured out!

Yeah, me too man! I was about to the point of following and checking every single wire I could find....

Comment

Yeah, me too man! I was about to the point of following and checking every single wire I could find....
              Nothing more stressful than having bike problems. Ecspecially if you're like me and not mechanically inclined.
              The important thing is that you got it fixed. Now get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather. LOL
              Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Originally posted by davea7 View Post
                Nothing more stressful than having bike problems. Ecspecially if you're like me and not mechanically inclined.
                The important thing is that you got it fixed. Now get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather. LOL

Ohh yeah....put a few miles on her last night when I got home from work.
                This was, of course, after a new battery, oil change, and putting the fairings back on. All this took me about an hour and a half...and well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                X