X

HELP... fuel leaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP... fuel leaking

I am attempting to change the fuel tank and the fuel tank drain hose is steadily leaking fuel. Its the hose the goes down to the left side of the bike near the gear shifter lever. What am i doing wrong?!

wow, thats weird, thats a drain hose, fuel shouldn't be coming out of that, I'll have to think, in the mean time SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I know :stfuchris Did you tip it over recently? The fuel leak is probably fuel draing into that hole from tipping it over and it will stop shortly.
    Last edited by arsenic; 01-04-2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

The tank should have two lines on your bike -- one that comes off the bottom close to the middle and goes to your right foot (brake area) which drains the excess liquids off the area around the filler neck, and a second one close the left/rear of the tank that runs to the petcock. If you reverse them, you'd get your symptoms.

If you bring me the bike (since I'm in Tampa too), I'll be happy to eyeball it and correct the situation.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thats what it was.. i reversed them! Thanks guys... i changed the tank and switched the gas over into the newer tank. I appreciate it fellas! ...oh yea.. and pm sent cyberpoet

Comment

Working...
        X