Dropped The Bike... After I Finished 1000km Of Riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped The Bike... After I Finished 1000km Of Riding

Hi All,

I had a fantastic weekend, largely due to 2FAST's efforts in organizing the best riding that I had to date. We went all over the place and despite almost running into a bear (luckily 2Fast was ahead of me), having a tree branch fall in front of me and hitting a couple of nasty potholes, I rode without incident. The scenery was wonderful and the twisties were the best I've ever seen. I clocked over 1000km in under 48 hours.

Getting to and from the riding event involved dodging the insane long weekend traffic but somehow my riding partner and I managed to survive the trip. We parted company in Toronto and I decided to head home. I pulled up into the driveway and put the kickstand out... or at least I though I did. The bike started to tip and I realized she was going down no matter what I did (I just wish my girlfriends were the same way).

*THUD*

"DAMN!"

The bike sputtered to a stop and konked out. I shook my head in disgust and did the backward walk to pick her up. The Katana was put back up and this time I made sure the kickstand was out. I rested a minute and attempted to assess the damage. It seems the framslider did the job and kept the bike from contacting the ground. There was no damage whatsoever. Thank you BRAUNSTEIN82 for the sliders. I got on the bike and attempted to start my machine up.

*SPUTTA, SPUTTA, VROOOOOOM!*

My baby doesn't disappoint me and she roars to life. I park my bike in the garage, lube the chain and caress the bike's seat that was my home for many hours.

What a way to wrap up the weekend.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

dont you just hate when that happens

Comment

Tony OMFG!! Glad you didn't hurt the Kat or your BACK! I think you should PM or post me the details on those frame sliders as they just saved you major $$$ in damage. In your defense the day after I was pretty bagged out as it was a great day on great roads but with the heat and all I was pretty tired out!

I am super glad you and Steve made it home safe and sound and thanks again for coming down.

PS I sent you a PM re: the Gap
      Attached Files
      Ride like every car/truck is trying to kill ya!

Comment

Hey 2FAST,

I'll get you the low down on those frame sliders. They are totally worth it. I'll PM you later on today. As for the GAP, you can have my spot as it's 95% unlikely I'll be going. I'll have to figure out who to notify. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the great weekend!

PS: Yeah, I was exhausted when I get home but that's no excuse to drop my baby.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

OMG after all that riding with no problems you drop it in the driveway. Glad the Kat-A-Tonic suffered no damage. I guess I managed close to 1200 km by the end of the trip. I still can't believe how under rated the Kat really is. The fun factor was a blast...the comfort level was good...large tank allowed fewer stops for refueling and with the Throttle Meister long distance was a breeze.

On a different note: You do look like Michael Jackson in that picture.

Thanks again for the ride and glad to hear you and your bike suffered no damage.

Comment

Score another one for the benefits of frame sliders! Sounds like a great time riding and fortunately the motorcycle gods were smiling on you it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Guelph
              OMG after all that riding with no problems you drop it in the driveway. Glad the Kat-A-Tonic suffered no damage. I guess I managed close to 1200 km by the end of the trip. I still can't believe how under rated the Kat really is. The fun factor was a blast...the comfort level was good...large tank allowed fewer stops for refueling and with the Throttle Meister long distance was a breeze.

Thanks again for the ride and glad to hear you and your bike suffered no damage.
              Luckily, it was a controlled drop. I realized the kickstand wasn't all the way out when I started to set her down but it was going down nonetheless.

Anyway, as for the picture I can only say.... JAMON! *grabs crotch, pushes pelvis out and waves left arm over head*

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic

Luckily, it was a controlled drop. I realized the kickstand wasn't all the way out when I started to set her down but it was going down nonetheless.

Anyway, as for the picture I can only say.... JAMON! *grabs crotch, pushes pelvis out and waves left arm over head*
                Holy dog crap in a bag...I have tears in my eyes due to laughing so hard

Comment

i am so sorry man. no one wishes the pain of a fall on anyone, and i dont mean the physical pain.

Comment

Better at the end of the ride than at the beginning
                    Glad to hear you had a great ride...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Better at the end of the ride than at the beginning
                      Glad to hear you had a great ride...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      I assume you want to see the Michael Jackson picture. It's in this thread. However, you can see a larger version here in this thread...

Comment

Nah....not white enough.

Glad you folks had a good run! I expect tons of pics to be posted shortly.

Comment

Where can I get some of those frame sliders? How much do they run?

Comment

For the frame sliders, PM one our members, BRAUNSTEIN82. He's in the members list. If you can't find let me know and I'll forward you the contact information I have.

Comment

Will the frame sliders you have work on a pre 98?? And you said no damage even the mirrors??

Comment

Working...
                              X