X

HandleBar Vibration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HandleBar Vibration

I replaced the Bar ends on my 2006 Katana with some nice aluminum ones, but they were lighter than the factory ones, and got a little more Vibration in the bars, so I filled the bars up with BB's,and that took care of it.
    Its not about the Bike, its the Ride

Did you put anything around the BB's, like some silicone, etc?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I was considering a barsnake... anyone used it? I assume you have to cut it to length to fit.

How tough was it? What was the result? Will it work in conjunction with a throttlemeister?

Thanks!
      Mr. Nice Guy
      '04 Katana 750
      Ride safe, live long!

Comment

no, i didnt put anything other than the BB's in the bars, I just popped out the plug in the end of the bars , turned the bars to left ot right and filled them, i put them in a few at a time once it starts getting full so i can get the plug back in
        Its not about the Bike, its the Ride

Comment

I used lead birdshot on mine and noticed a minor difference. I may try the silicone thing in conjunction. I want to deaden it as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by hillrw
            no, i didnt put anything other than the BB's in the bars, I just popped out the plug in the end of the bars , turned the bars to left ot right and filled them, i put them in a few at a time once it starts getting full so i can get the plug back in
            What plug are you guys talking about? I just installed a Throttlemeister on Monday. When I removed the old bar ends on my 2006 the part where the bar end screw goes into is a welded piece of metal? I wonder if this is something new.

Comment

Other end.

Comment

I just noticed you were talking about after market bars. I know that my 06 Kat stock bars are welded on both ends so filling with shot or a snake would not work. I don't really find the vibration bad enough to worry about.

Comment

not on my 04 600 as i found out when i used my air gun to change grips and the platic cap shot off

Comment

Ok du duh duh..... . Never mind .

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
                      not on my 04 600 as i found out when i used my air gun to change grips and the platic cap shot off
                      LMFAO
                      I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Heh.

Comment

so...by removing the HEAVY bar ends and replacing them with LIGHT ends...you had to add weight to the bars (more then likely more then the initial weight saving).

Ummmmm....sounds like a great investment of time and money.

Comment

its all about looks man..... who care how it rides as long as it looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
                              its all about looks man..... who care how it rides as long as it looks cool
                              yeah...I can't tell you how many people I go up to and say "wow...cool bar ends man!"

Comment

Working...
                              X