Idle drop ?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle drop ?????

Can anyone tell me how to do a Idle drop? Thank you

all and idle drop is when you rev the motor and you watch the idle drop, you want a nice smooth drop and when you rev it real fast you dont want it to bog out and die

Comment

I thought there was a procedure for adjusting your air fuel mixture called idle drop?

Comment

I can do a neutral drop in automatic cars! Tach it up to maybe 2500 RPM and slam it in "D". And then buy another transmission.

But seriously, how your bike falls to idle tells you a lot about your mixture, which is what I believe Duff was trying to relay. Factory Pro has a good page for setting up jetting, I don't have the link for it, but hopefully somebody here will chime in with it, or the info it contains.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by turtleescape
          I thought there was a procedure for adjusting your air fuel mixture called idle drop?

yea and i told you what you gotta do...if it bogs or dies less fuel...

Comment

Idle drop is adjusting the air/fuel screws with the engine runninhg . You listen for the idle to tell you which way to turn the screws . If it drops , you've turned them the wrong way . I don't think many people do that anymore . It's an older bike thing . Kinda hard to do that on a Kat unless you have the right tools .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X