X

Hello from SCPA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from SCPA!

Hello everyone. I just picked up a project 94 600 katana. Someone previously hacked it up a bit & now it's my project. I likely won't be returning it to stock, but will definitely be making it so that it isn't some cobbled together, hacked up death trap! Since I got this, now I'm in need of information & knowledge on these bikes so I figured I'd start here. For starters what size are the front forks? I'll be replacing the "headlight" that's on it w/a proper one for a motorcycle & mounted to the forks as they should be. Secondly, it is missing the muffler & I'd like to find an inexpensive one for it, any info, insight, wisdom & advise along the way will be surely appreciated!

Believe the forks are 41mm.
    For a muffler, OEM is likely going to be cheapest. Nothing will get you any performance gains, but if you want a different sound, I hear Scorpion is pretty nice.
    Welcome aboard!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome!

My buddy has the stock exhaust he's looking to get rid of. I can ask how much he's asking and get back to you if interested? His came off a 90.

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        Believe the forks are 41mm.
        For a muffler, OEM is likely going to be cheapest. Nothing will get you any performance gains, but if you want a different sound, I hear Scorpion is pretty nice.
        Welcome aboard!
        Thanks for the info. I'm not looking for anything crazy for the muffler, just want one on it. Nothing on it now & it's too damn loud.

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
        Welcome!

My buddy has the stock exhaust he's looking to get rid of. I can ask how much he's asking and get back to you if interested? His came off a 90.
        Where are you from? I'm gonna check some local resources first, & I'll get back to you. Would only need the muffler, not the complete exhaust system.
        Last edited by Dirttrackderrick; 01-04-2017, 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to KR. Good luck with the project.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Working...
            X