No announcement yet.
X

Katana Exhaust Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first got my V&H supersport exhaust and installed it, I knew I didnt like how loud it was. Where is the Quitech they talk about?? One run on the freeway and I had a headache.
    So I took apart the can and modified it with a different baffle, now its quieter and deeper sounding, not so tinny. One look at the (baffle) and I could see why it was so loud.
    1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
    V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
    Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Originally posted by lastleg View Post
      When i finally replaced the Vance and Hines idiot pipe with a nice (QUIET!) Yoshi, it made all the difference in the world. Much smoother and more responsive. The biggest benefit (IMHO) is that i can start up the bike in the morning without waking the neighbors. I GET the attraction to LOUD exhausts... but it's a novelty that wears off very quickly.
      After having bikes right next to me and almost merging into them (fortunately I look before I leap) because they were so quiet, I won't have a super quiet exhaust. I'll be happy with a good audible resonating note at cruising speeds. I'm going to occur with the saying "loud pipes save lives"

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

"loud pipes save lives"... that's what I use to tell my wife when I wanted to blow money on a slip on.

In reality an attentive motorcycle rider saves lives.
        2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
        2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
        1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
        1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
        1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
          After having bikes right next to me and almost merging into them (fortunately I look before I leap) because they were so quiet, I won't have a super quiet exhaust. I'll be happy with a good audible resonating note at cruising speeds. I'm going to occur with the saying "loud pipes save lives"
          That would be an excuse for not fully paying attention to what is going on around you, if you believe that, your going to fool yourself into relying on that. That won't work to well if cagers aren't paying attention.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have to agree. If you are riding where you need the loud pipe to make you noticed you've positioned yourself in the wrong place. I understand that a louder pipe does create a sound that may make someone look for what is so loud. Have you ever noticed that people tend to slightly turn the steering wheel toward the direction they are looking? That would be your loud pipe right next to them. If any thing loud saves lives, I would say it a loud horn and hi vis gear.

Comment

comedy, satire, Harley, cruiser crowd, motorcycle, motorcycles, slaying, dragon, deals gap,

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

comedy, satire, Harley, cruiser crowd, motorcycle, motorcycles, slaying, dragon, deals gap,

Krey
                Good example of where a loud pipe could have saved his life. While watching this, I turned the audio all the way up and I still couldn't hear his bike.

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Good example of where a loud pipe could have saved his life. While watching this, I turned the audio all the way up and I still couldn't hear his bike.

I know right! It doesn't help the out of control sports car driver was obviously not fully in his own lane. He's way over that white line. :

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Please tell me your joking and its just just too early for me to get it.
                    Corvette driver " I hear something loud, must be something that will come into my lane, I should pull over and make room".

As bike riders we have to believe something will be in our lane always, cage drivers don't think that way so a loud sound means nothing to them.

Ok, I'm sorry. After contemplating this I have to agree with "stock pipes kill people". Do you realize how many stock pipes are hanging precariously in garages everywhere? A death toll waiting to happen!
                    Last edited by rschlegel; 04-27-2014, 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Reminds me I have one hanging at my parents' in michigan lol

Comment

Reminds me I have one hanging at my parents' in michigan lol
                        See, I told you! You better warn them to be careful around that thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X