X

My GSXF600 transformed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GSXF600 transformed

I bought my 1995 GSXF600 2 1/2 years ago as a 'stop-gap' bike, after I had crashed my BMW R100RS.
    It cost £600 off ebay, with 3months road tax, 10 months MOT, new tyres, battery, chain and sprocket fitted, complete with top box. It was standard apart from a 'hideous' paint job (I think the paint was lying around his garage) and had only done 8000 miles.
    I have since covered 3000 miles, but at 67 years old I don't use the bike as much as I did in my younger days, but would love to do more miles on it.
    I had a silly slide down the road 2 years ago and damaged the fairing. Eventually I got round to doing a bit of a repair job and changed the colour to black gloss. I had never done any vehicle painting before and shortly after I had bought the paint and done the first covering, a friend informed me that black gloss is the most difficult colour to perfect. I was inspired by the 'Black Kats' on this website.
    I am in no way a perfectionist and if it works, that's good enough for me.
    However, one of the younger people I sometimes ride out with, (immaculate 2003 R1 owner) apparently told my wife that there was no way he was going to keep riding out with me on the bike as it looked.
    Consequently, late last winter, he persuaded me to strip all the bodywork off the bike and he would prepare it properly, in order for a friend of his who had a car body shop, to paint it properly.
    No finance would be involved, so I couldn't lose.
    The pictures attached here are the result of their labours and I eventually got the bike re-built yesterday.
    Hope you like it (Kreylyn)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by carbman; 04-02-2014, 01:10 PM. Reason: Trying to upload pictures

I'd love to look through your pictures... except there are none. =/
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Sorry, trying hard to upload them from photobucket but obviously have forgotten the procedure.

Comment

Looks sharp! You definitely won on that paint job.
        First motorcycle - new project
        1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Nice!
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

finally a decent pre kat very nice
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

That's a nice looking blue kat!

I do indeed appreciate it looking good.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X