X

Used Tires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Tires?

Would any of you consider buying used tires? I just bought a pair of brand new Metzelers (M1) 4 months ago, and my rear tire had two holes in the last week. It sucks that I have to buy a new rear tire within 4 months of buying brand new tires. I checked ebay and saw some used tires. I was wondering if they are worth buying.

I'd appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

I buy or install used take off tires quite often. It's cheaper that way. I change tires for many people in my area also and if they have decent take offs, I'll keep them and finish them off myself. Don't matter it I only get 500 miles out of one, I'll still use it. I also check out the local stear take off pile and if they have anything decent, I'll grab it and use it.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

let me know how you make out.

Comment

i dont think its worth it, unless you can mount/balance them yourself. if you get 500 out of a tire then have to go pay 15-40$ to have it mounted/balanced again that cost will equal a brand new tire pretty fast.
        03 katanika

Comment

Thanks for the repiles. I found some tires with about 10% - 20 % wear. I guess I'll go in for them. I'll let you know how it turns out.
          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

Comment

I run take-offs quite often. 80 bucks a set and 10 to change them. I'll usually get a couple K outta them so it makes it worth it. That plus the phenominal stick a Pilot Race gives makes it worth it to me.
            sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
            MSF Rider Coach 27028
            MoPowerSports.com
            Torco
            SoCalTrackDays

Comment

IMHO:
              avoid the second listing -- a plugged Z6. If you wanted plugs, you could keep riding what you've already got.

Which tires do you need (front or rear)?

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i would buy take-offs in a heartbeat if they were available to me. 16inchers are not easy to come by these days.

Ron...GixerKat....if you run across a few of them in 16in (at least 4-5 to make it worth shipping), think of me when you see them sitting there
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I won the tire on ebay for $61. I dont think it was ever used at all. Heres the pic. You might notice some wear now, thats because I have used it for a week.
                  Attached Files
                  2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

Comment

man you got a hella deal.looks cool

Comment

Working...
                    X