X

should I save a kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I save a kat?

I found a really nice '86 750 kat for sale. it is the model with the flip up headlight. clean.....and pretty sharp looking. I was thinking of buying it...the guy is asking $1200 CDN.
    However.....I am stretching my budget allocated for bike projects, so I let the idea go about a month ago. Now it is back with a new pic...and tempting.

So hear is the deal....how much do you think one of these are worth? Is it worth investing in?

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I'd pass on it as an investment. Not nearly as desireable and collectable as the non popup units and defintely not as desireable as a 1000 or 1100.

Most of the people you'll find claiming them to be extremely rare and collectable are the people trying to unload them.

Some even have a square tube frame like the gs1150's. I say, save the scratch and put it into the other projects (or something you can part out for $).

Comment

ok...good to know.

still think it looks sweet tho.

Comment

For $1200 CDN, I'd take it if it's in good nick. A $1k loaner bike with cool factor is never a turn-away.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'd hold out the cash for a Kat that's a bit more valuable. Like Cyber said, if you're looking for a cool bike to have around as a spare it might not be a bad deal but for a valued purchase i'd pass.

Never really liked the pop-up headlamp look.
          sigpic

Comment

You answered your own question
            However.....I am stretching my budget allocated for bike projects
            I'd pass for now and you may pick it up cheaper in the fall if he doesn't sell it.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

hell i did not even know kats had flip up headlights.i guess they have a motor to lift them.

Comment

I would pass. In my opinion you could make your bike look a $thousand$ times better or unless you know poor people with motorcycle lisence and you could rent it too them and make your money back that way.
                06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

I would do it if he took $1000 cash. That is a rare looking Kat and it looks like fun.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

BUY, BUY, BUY!!!

That thing is COOL.

I'd offer $1000 though, isnt that like $100 US?

Comment

that bike is cool looking, i have never seen one like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 01blewkat
                        BUY, BUY, BUY!!!

That thing is COOL.

I'd offer $1000 though, isnt that like $100 US?

yes, it is a cool looking bike, but where have been you been lately? The US $ has taken a dive, so your money is kinda worth shit right now. By the end of summer it could be even.....and by mid winter they "think" it will worth less than the CDN dollar.

Comment

Yes but who gives a shiate when the British pound has more on us anyway.

Are you going to buy it? Sounds like a nice toy!
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
                            Are you going to buy it? Sounds like a nice toy!
                            I will call him towards the end of august or mid september. if he still has it, I will offer him $800 and go up to $900 if he doesn't bite.

Comment

I'd take it if I had the money to blow, just for the sake of having it because its a cool lookin Kat..but if I was stretching my mod budget I'd probably pass too and use the cash for other projects.

Comment

Working...
                              X