X

Write up on the 1999 Suzuki Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write up on the 1999 Suzuki Katana 750

This is a pretty good write up from Motorsports Network Road test I came across for the 99 Kat. I agree with mostly everything they say but their is a few things I choose to disagree with. Sorry if this was already posted at one time

Missed posting the link, Mac.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Here is the link...

And for what its worth, here is another review...

"The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

seems about right to me

Comment

I agree mostly. It's absolutely the perfect "all-around" bike. I commute on it almost daily. It's reliable as a John Deere tractor and gets up and goes with the best of 'em. It'll hang with GSXRs if I want it to and is comfortable enough to ride for several hours - my biggest complaint is the vibration.

Personally I don't like taching the engine over 6,000 or 7,000 - especially for sustained operation but apparently people do it all the time. Maybe if the vibration issues diminish at higher RPM I either need to ride faster or simply gear down, although in the back of my mind I'm always thinking this isn't as good for the drivetrain and that high gear IS there for a reason. . . But I digress.

The Kat is comfortable and stable with a passenger or solo, the controls are simple and ergonomic and the power is adequate. It's small enough to split traffic effectively (always a concern here in L.A. and the primary reason I opted for the Kat and not something larger) but large enough to give the feel of a "real" bike.

I love it!

If I was going to get another bike I'd seriously get another Kat or possibly a Bandit 1200. The bigger touring-class bikes are simply too monstrous to be much use around here in traffic and the little crotch rockets are too uncomfortable - not to mention you instantly get stigmatized pulling up next to someone with those GSXR stickers all over the bike. . .

Excellent article. If I'd have seen that back in '99 when I got my bike it only would have made me "sign on the dotted line" faster.
          ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
          Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Good write up thanks for the link
            "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

No complaints here.....seems pretty much on the money...

Comment

Working...
              X