X

Throttle Meister (Now installed)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Meister (Now installed)

After researching cruise control options for the bike I decided on the Throttle Meister. I like the idea of just replacing the bar ends and no visual lever. Placed the order this morning and was told that it would be shipped out this afternoon.

Sweet...be sure to do a write-up on how the install goes and how well you like it.
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

I have one on my bike now - love it. It's great on long trips and allows you to rest your hands a little bit more loosely on the grips (keeps 'em from falling asleep due to vibration).

Do not use it in traffic though!

Great product and very easy install.
      ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
      Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

I use a Vista cruise control and love it. I can actually rest my arm on the tank when there is a long flat straight. (With light traffic of course.)

Comment

sounds cool.good luck,like kansaskat said do a write up and maybe a couple pics.

Comment

I've got the heavier-than-stock polished throttlemeisters on mine. A bit of PIA to get shimmed just right during install, but works.

Watch for people screwing with your throttlemeister when you're not looking. Make a habit of rotating it all the way forward when you first start the bike (it rotates forward to release). I got caught out by it last year at the rally...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the advice Mark. They now offer standard, polished, and wrinkled black. The wrinkled black should offer better grip when turning it on according to them.

Comment

Yup, gottem, luv em! careful w/ the shaving to get the install just right. go at it slow, but not bad at all!
                Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  I've got the heavier-than-stock polished throttlemeisters on mine. A bit of PIA to get shimmed just right during install, but works.

Watch for people screwing with your throttlemeister when you're not looking. Make a habit of rotating it all the way forward when you first start the bike (it rotates forward to release). I got caught out by it last year at the rally...
                  Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Sounds like a classic HS2020 move

Comment

I have the heavy ones. I love them too. was the first mod on my Kat.
                    As mentioned, take your time with the shimming and making sure everything lines up.

You will be very happy with them!
                    I love my Kat!!
                    2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Well I received the throttlemeister about one hour ago. After a few minutes with the shims the installation was complete. Total time 10 minutes. I took a ride down the express way for a test. I really like the way it looks like part of the bike. No levers or plastic. The quality is top notch. Ok back to the test ride. The bar end works like a piston. When you turn it on it presses against a sleeve. The throttle can be easily rolled off in an emergency. It only applies a minimal amount of friction against the sleeve so no worries about a stuck throttle. I enjoy longer cruises and feel this will aid in relaxing the right hand when needed. Money well spent in my opinion. Anyone can install this item easily. As for pictures go to www.throttlemeister.com and check out the video to see it in action.

Comment

Excellent! Glad to hear it was nice and simple - it's high on my wish list.
                        Mr. Nice Guy
                        '04 Katana 750
                        Ride safe, live long!

Comment

i have been using mine on my extended weekend trips to Indiana (about a 3 hour drive).
                          It does take a bit of playing with at times to get it just where you want but once set, it stays pretty much on target. It takes a soft touch to dial it in once you have the basic MPH range you want.
                          I found on my bike that it just does not like to stay set in the 64-70 MPH range. If I dial it in a bit below or a bit above that range, I can cruise for an hour or so with no issues.
                          I love my Kat!!
                          2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Working...
                          X