X

Progress of 2001 Katana 600 Paint Job and Mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress of 2001 Katana 600 Paint Job and Mods

Hello all, I have recently purchased a 2001 Katana 600. It is currently Suzuki Blue. I have done the rear fender eliminator. Turn signals from Ebay will be here in the next day or two. They are the ones that mount to the license plate bracket. Pictured below. I took the front signals apart (stock) and replaced the original 2 wire socket with a three wire socket and wired it to the parking lights for more visibility while driving. The paint is fair at best. I had a local Dupont supplier come out and take a sample of the paint to match it. The paint just showed up. The original paint is a basecoat $179.00 qt., topcoat 179.00 qt., clearcoat ? The people from dupont say this paint takes the place of the original so it cost me only $179.00. I took the lid off and looked at the paint. It looks amazing. Probably a little more sexy than the original blue. The painter at the body shop says it has some pearl and should look pretty good. We will be taking the body panels and tank off this weekend and the painter says it will be done by next weekend. I will post pictures of the progress as often as I can. Here are the pictures from when I bought it. Does anyone have a stock red tail light for sale? Where can I find the original decals without paying an absolute fortune?[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mason/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mason/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Files
    Do This to Bike Thieves

I do not think I uploaded the pictures correctly. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?
    Do This to Bike Thieves

Comment

Upload all your pix onto www.photobucket.com and then post the url into your post with [img] at the begining of the url and then [/img] at the end of the url. [img]www.url.com[/img]

Comment

Here maybe this will work.
        Attached Files
        Do This to Bike Thieves

Comment

nice. but you are missing a blue katana hat to go with it. looks to be a perfect match.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Nice bike.
            Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
            www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Sweet bike. -Like the color!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                nice. but you are missing a blue katana hat to go with it. looks to be a perfect match.
                ?
                Do This to Bike Thieves

Comment

Originally posted by MECHANICALMASON View Post
                  ?
                  Mojoe hats the hats he's talking about.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Hey mechanicalmason, check your pm's about the tail light!
                    Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

Whats with the NOS sticker

Comment

Nice looking.

I have the stock tail light if you need it. PM me.

Mojoe: I thought you were out of blue hats?
                        Last edited by brooder; 01-25-2008, 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

Nice Ride, Welcome to KR
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

sweet lil kattie there...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by JMILDOC View Post
                              Whats with the NOS sticker
                              The NOS sticker and others were on it when I bought it. They have since gone by the wayside via my heatgun and garbage can. Very tacky if you ask me. The pictures are actually the pictures from when it was listed on ebay.
                              Do This to Bike Thieves

Comment

Working...
                              X