X

Need help with rear turn signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with rear turn signals

when i bought my '01 kat, the rear fender had been removed and the rear turn signals had been replaced with small flush mounts. i mean SMALL. smallest i've seen.

i'd like to replace them with something a little larger because they're so small, i don't think they're really safe. (did i mention they're small...)

the problem is, the way they are mounted, on the bottom of the radius. if i put regular turn signals there, they'll stick down at a 45 degree angle.

any ideas?

mcLovin that's great

Comment

Leave them there and add short stalks also. Is that a home made fender eliminator. I ask because most none home made fender eliminator have a place to put signals. If not i have a bracket you can have to put the signals on. You just bolt it over the bracket that there is now.

Comment

Originally posted by letsride View Post
        Leave them there and add short stalks also. Is that a home made fender eliminator. I ask because most none home made fender eliminator have a place to put signals. If not i have a bracket you can have to put the signals on. You just bolt it over the bracket that there is now.
        hi! thanks for the help. yeah, the fender had already been cut off flush with the rear body underneath. i made the bracket for the license plate, which was mounted under the fender almost in front of the rear tire when i got the bike. didn't think it was legal, so i made the bracket to at least get the plate visible. i have the bracket mounted existing two screws that hold the body on, one on each side.

i guess i should also mention the license plate light was missing too. i was looking at some of the tite-light, bolt shaped lights to use and just attach them to the plate itself.

is there a fender eliminator kit that i could still by that would take care of all this?

and also, the turn signals are so small, i guess i could just leave them in place, in addition to a couple of new, more normal sized ones...
        Last edited by toastershakins; 01-18-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I bought these for $20 at a swap meet .

They're SURPRISINGLY bright and visible . They;re little LED deals , and I replaced my flushmounts with them , since my bags cover the flushmounts . But THESE are actually MORE visible than the old flushmounts I had .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
            I bought these for $20 at a swap meet .

They're SURPRISINGLY bright and visible . They;re little LED deals , and I replaced my flushmounts with them , since my bags cover the flushmounts . But THESE are actually MORE visible than the old flushmounts I had .
            SWEEEET! that looks totally custom! i might go that way.

and i was also thinking about just getting some larger flush mounts that are a little more directional. the ones that are on there seem almost like side markers or something.

Comment

I agree leave them on and just add some other ones.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

OK I have so much to say about that photo, that I think I need to keep it to my self..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  OK I have so much to say about that photo, that I think I need to keep it to my self..
                  Bring it on , Petey .....
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

How can i add photos to the body of the reply. I have a few photos for you to see to solve your problem. You do need a light for the tag. In fl they will get you for that.

Comment

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        Bring it on , Petey .....
                        OK since you said the magic word:

Darned resize!!!

Last edited by Black_peter; 01-19-2008, 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't get it.. why are the picture all tiny?!!?!?!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                              THAT is hilarious!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X