Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

91 Kat 600 Rear Caliper Rebuild ?!!??!!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Kat 600 Rear Caliper Rebuild ?!!??!!?!

So the last thing before the bike is ready to put back together. Rebuild the rear caliper.

So I have the rebuild kit I bought PT#69101-05840

This is the rebuild kit I got awhile back. Talked to the parts guy about the dust seals and piston seals w/ O-ring and this is what he ordered.

the piston seals look fine. They'll work. The other two seals are NOT The dust boots...

So I go to RonAyers and here's what I find when I cross ref the kit pt# I have...

IT doesn't list the Kat, only the GS500F and the GSXR 600/750

I'm guessing they have 2 pistons per side on the rear caliper huh? That would explain what I have.

LOVELY. So much for riding this week.

I've searched the boards and looked online and can't find a listing for a seal kit for my 91 Kat rear caliper.

Is there anybody who can help me out so I can order the right parts?

OF COURSE both my shops here are closed. So I'll have to order online.

no, the rear caliper only has 1 piston per side. 600 or 750? Looked at your garage, 600 eh? I have a brand new piston/seal kit. It's for a kat 750, but I measure everything and it will work for a pre 600 too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...184786437&rd=1
    You would get the KR 10% discount on that.

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
    So the last thing before the bike is ready to put back together. Rebuild the rear caliper.

So I have the rebuild kit I bought PT#69101-05840

This is the rebuild kit I got awhile back. Talked to the parts guy about the dust seals and piston seals w/ O-ring and this is what he ordered.

the piston seals look fine. They'll work. The other two seals are NOT The dust boots...

So I go to RonAyers and here's what I find when I cross ref the kit pt# I have...

IT doesn't list the Kat, only the GS500F and the GSXR 600/750

I'm guessing they have 2 pistons per side on the rear caliper huh? That would explain what I have.

LOVELY. So much for riding this week.

I've searched the boards and looked online and can't find a listing for a seal kit for my 91 Kat rear caliper.

Is there anybody who can help me out so I can order the right parts?

OF COURSE both my shops here are closed. So I'll have to order online.
    Last edited by arsenic; 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X