X

Jacket selection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacket selection

Hi every one I am a new rider and am about to buy a 99 750. I was wondering about jackets and looking for some advice. Does anyone know about this jacket: Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0 Textile/Mesh Jacket.
    I wanted to see what people thought about fit and finish and is it worth the money. I am going to use the Kat to commute most days and this seemed like the right tool for the job. Please let me know.

Steve

Welcome to Katriders! I just got a Teknic textile/mesh combo at Cycle Gear. I don't know about that particular one, but I can pass on some good advice. Make sure you go try them on at a store or buy online somewhere with a good return policy. The jackets I have run a size bigger than I normally wear so you have to try it on to know for sure.

*by the way, congrats on the bike purchase! I love mine*

2001 Honda CBR1100XX - Super "Redbird"

Comment

Geat advice!

I will look around the area and see which bike shops have a good selection.

Comment

Alpine stars are great, there boots are also great. I bought a mesh fieldsheer jacket from www.dsrpowersports.com always buy bigger than you need...
        "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I wear a very similar jackey to the one you mentioned. It's a Joe Rocket UFO. I like it alot. Very comfortable.. Lots of padding, zip out liner, Ipod pocket and grommet for the headphones... I think it's a great jacket. KatanaSoldier has the exact some jacket I have, and I think he is really happy with it. I know there are a few others on here with Joe Rocket Jackets.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

I have the jacket and the pants. I like them very much because of the versatility. Liner in on those chilly mornings and then you can take out the liner and zip off the panels and have the mesh jacket for the warm ride home in the afternoon. Here is a review for them http://www.webbikeworld.com/joe-rocket/
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Nice jacket imo though you check ICON also
              Watch for your Guardian Angel
              750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackburnD
                I wear a very similar jackey to the one you mentioned. It's a Joe Rocket UFO. I like it alot. Very comfortable.. Lots of padding, zip out liner, Ipod pocket and grommet for the headphones... I think it's a great jacket. KatanaSoldier has the exact some jacket I have, and I think he is really happy with it. I know there are a few others on here with Joe Rocket Jackets.

Sure do like it brotha! I just got done riding and I can tell you not only does this jacket feel comfortable, it turns heads! Nice protection all around.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
                  Originally posted by BlackburnD

Sure do like it brotha! I just got done riding and I can tell you not only does this jacket feel comfortable, it turns heads! Nice protection all around.
                  +3 for the UFO I love mine to death, very glad i went with it. definetely a nice looking jacket.

2002 GSX-R750
                  2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Helmet only for now.

One of these days i'll be able to get a jacket. Right now I'm so swamped in bills and with costs to get the bike running...ugh.
                    EisBlade
                    Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC

In school, majoring in "bikeless".

Comment

Helmet only for now.

One of these days i'll be able to get a jacket. Right now I'm so swamped in bills and with costs to get the bike running...ugh.
                      EisBlade
                      Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC

In school, majoring in "bikeless".

Comment

Working...
                      X